Safe/effective adhesive removal from pop up material

MartyJill

How to remove fairly thick sticky adhesive from interior surface of the pop up fabric without damaging it? It’s in the upper corners at the top/ceiling level. Also discolored.
Not sure what it is, but needs something stronger than vinegar, alcohol etc. Are there any safe products? Hard to “soak” a vertical surface...
Thanks for your input...

How to remove sticky somewhat thick sticky adhesive from interior pop up fabric in upper corners near ceiling. Also has reddish stain.

Don’t exactly what it is. But alcohol and vinegar haven’t worked. Probably need something stronger that won’t damage material. And where could it be tested?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks for any suggestions

I use Goo Gone on the outside so probably work on inside too? I cover with 303 protectant you may want to also.

I would be inclined to try Goof Off, or Goo Gone also. On the other hand, I recall reading on WTW some time ago that is a Inflatable boat material like hypalon. There are cleaners listed for that. A search for 303 brand products showed several but they seem to be out of stock or discontinued most places.

Perhaps, West Marine, Overton’s, an Inflatable boat dealer would have suggestions.

Paul

I've found the De-Solv-It citrus based cleaners are incredible- yet to have it damage anything but I have not used it on the vinyl upper.

Steve gets my vote for best search engine exerciser. Good find.

But, now, we have to wait for a year to get the results on how well they protect the material over time. :p

Shall we piaffe in the interim?

Paul

Back
Top Bottom