Sailing the Southwest with the Whazoos

Grand Whazoo

Court Jester
Hello, I'm new to Wander the West, and a little nervous maybe. I've "grown up" doing "goofy" trip reports on another forum and developed many friends there. If my TRs sound like I'm writing to familiar people that's why. I'll hope to become familiar here as well but if I don't "fit in" not to worry, it's a small thing. I have left that forum for personal reasons but do love a good trip report, and I see many here. I have just started a blog, which I tend to not like, but at least no one can alter it. I typically post directly to the site but I'll give this a try. I am certainly open to suggestions about the "blog." Pictures too big? They look larger than 800pixels to me, maybe they can be smaller yet be a clickable link to the larger. Too many for one sitting? To slow to load because of all that? I have seen others blogs that I like but haven't quite got my page to where I want it to be. Hopefully the learning curve isn't too steep, causing me to loose traction, and interest.

My handle is Grand Whazoo, not so grand really, and my name is Dave Rogers. Thanks...

This is from Thanksgiving, 2014, and shoot, I can't figure out how to make the link into my text. I also don't see a "save" function for a post as you write. I'm sure it's right there, in front on me.

http://grandwhazoo.blogspot.com/2015/01/hey-buddy-can-you-spare-some-time-i.html

And a New Years trip
http://grandwhazoo.blogspot.com/

Welcome GW. I really enjoyed your trip report. The humor and special effects are great. And the trip had quite a few impressive sights. I look forward to more reports.

Wow....All hail and welcome to the GREAT Whazoo.
Your trip reports are a thing of beauty and i was shocked to see what happened over "there".
Their loss our gain!

The most moving thing I have ever read on any forum was your tribute to your dog Bear....that really struck a chord with me.
Again welcome!

Welcome to WTW enjoyed your Blog and have bookmarked it. Some of our photo purists might not like the photoshop gifs. I loved them. One suggestion would be to add an index to your other blog posts near the top of the page. I found link to older posts at the bottom and read the other post. Do you only have two?

Welcome to the Wander to the West, Dave. As always, love your trip reports and the beauty that finds you during your travels.

I have been a member here for a few years now, and have never felt a need to post here. Now you are posting and hanging here, I might do some of the same.

Travel safe, my friend.

b

Dave, Welcome. I started my camper research on the other site and was a big fan of your posts. One day Rotti read one of my posts and directed me to Wander the West, and as a result I purchased a Four Wheel Camper last summer. Trip Reports and Trip Planning along with the "Lounge" are great reading. There are also some great blogs. Looking forward to reading your posts. JD

Howdy howdy and thanks for the welcome. Rottidawg, bka and longhorn, it's a small forum world for us truck campers isn't it?! I never expected to see familiar faces. After looking through some of the TRs here I can see that I'm outgunned, and I like it. My turn to be inspired and get excited. Now if I can just get that blog page to work out. I'm a little slow on the format learning curve and don't know why the second page text bleeds onto the archive column. I'll see you guys, thanks again for the welcome.

Yeah, I remembered my username and password! I knew there was a reason I signed up. Just been waiting for your TR :). Looks like I will be also hanging out here as well. I just hope WTW accepts hardside TC'ing. Thanks Dave for the inspiration and the time you put into your TR.
Looking forward to the next one.
Nolan

Hey Dave,
it's great to see you here. I don't visit the other place as often as I used to since I sold the Arctic Fox and bought a FWC but I went there this morning for the first time in a while only to see that you had left. I thought I might not get to read your great trip reports anymore so, I'm soooo glad to see you here! Best wishes, Brad

Back
Top Bottom