Saline Valley / Eureka Valley

Andy,

Great report and photos, thanks for sharing. We know that "ching, chang, chang" sound as well. The person that did our install used an impact wrench and tightened all of the bolts to the point that they were stretched, bent, and/or stripped. After the second one broke, we ended upping replacing all of them and carrying spares. No problems since.

Sounds like you enjoy bird watching. I don't know all the little ones that well, but have always enjoyed watching raptors. We were fortunate enough to see three Golden Eagles in Mojave last week, two on a fresh kill. Cool stuff.

We experienced those winds down in the valley as well. I tried putting the top down, but the wind kept blowing in through the open back door and pushing it up. Got to be quite a comedy of errors for a while. Those were some big winds.

Thanks again for the great report. Looking forward to more from you.

Ted

Here is a pic from the "old" days. Look familiar to anyone?

Perhaps someone can post a new pic. I haven't been there for a few years, but there is quite a difference

Attachments

• Saline wizard pool (Custom).jpg
    Saline wizard pool (Custom).jpg
    165 KB · Views: 174
Great report! myself and a friend went there for about 7 days during the same time period but I didn't see you guys. I guess that's how big of a place it is!

Those winds were something else, 40mph is an understatement!

Great, great write up and photos. Very well done!

Sorry to hear about the door window... I can't think of a worse place for that to happen, but it sounds like you made a proper "bushman" repair to get you home.

Great photos from Steele Pass too. We had intended on exiting that way as well, but made a change in plans due to rolling solo and wanting to back down to Las Vegas. Next time we'll give 'er a shot.

Glad you all had fun connecting and enjoying all of Saline Valley's gifts. It's a magical place... :)

Here is a pic from the "old" days. Look familiar to anyone?

Perhaps someone can post a new pic. I haven't been there for a few years, but there is quite a difference

Jeff: Here is pretty much the very same view in 1999. The trees are twice the size today in 2011!

Attachments

• Photo 88 of 124_1.jpg
    Photo 88 of 124_1.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 146

Back
Top Bottom