SALINE VALLEY HOT SPRINGS, April, 2018

GroovyDad

rsz_56.jpg

I go to Saline Valley Hot Springs every November, but once a year is not enough, so I made my first springtime visit this year and the experience was a completely different one from my fall trips.

My trip report is on my blog: The Aimless Roamer

Very well told story. Well done, indeed! We both agree with the cozy camper being a refuge in the storm and how wonderful it is to be rocked to sleep. My goodness, we thought the mid eighties was hot.Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Nice report. Saline has quite a draw. I was there last Tuesday. The afternoon and evening and even the next morning were great. But around noon the day changed to the crazy wind and dust/sand. I decided I had enjoyed enough of those conditions for during the preceding days in other areas of the park. I was packed up and headed out north pass. North pass seemed terribly washboarded. Much more so than my previous trip in February.

we were there on 4/15 night, two campers. We encountered very strong gusty wind after dark, we thought the roofs gonna be blown, luckily they were not. We came in from the North pass and went home through South pass. Washboard road throughout. It was a tough drive.

Back
Top Bottom