San Isabel National Forest

meech

065-051613buenavista.jpg

After lots of camping in AZ & UT this winter, we were excited to spend our first night of 2013 here in CO. We found this great spot in San Isabel National Forest outside of Buena Vista. Great views of the Collegiate Peaks. More photos and details here:
http://www.twohappycampers.com/boondocking-in-san-isabel-national-forests-four-mile-area/
Happy trails!

Love the opening photo, Meech. The others are impressive too. Looks like it was a nice getaway. Going to have to get to Colorado some day.

<snip> Going to have to get to Colorado some day.

And your very nice report reminded us that Yale, Princeton, Columbia, and Harvard are calling. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks all!

ski3pin, have you hiked any of those peaks? I don't know the area all that well but imagine there's some great hiking.

Stew, this was our first time exploring San Isabel NF. We barely scratched the surface and will definitely be back. Gorgeous area!

Looks wonderful. I'll check out your full blog, soon.

Spent my first night camping in CO since 1976 this past Saturday. Memories of those times in my VW Campmobile were instrumental in getting my little camper. I was a short ways up a jeep trail south of Telluride. Great spot. I plan to get a trip report up, maybe in a few days.

Doug Stewart said:
I'm happy to see you having fun in my local National Forest, Meech. Neat photos!
Doug Stewart said:
I'm happy to see you having fun in my local National Forest, Meech. Neat photos!
I'm up at Cordova Pass as I type and just had a bear knock on the back door!
On the last night of a nearly 6 week trip that took us
across Labrador, report to follow.

Hey, Barko, glad to hear you're back at Cordova Pass in the southern San Isabel NF. I just got home after a week in the San Juans where I bagged the appropriately named Stewart Peak, a former 14er. Lots of smoke in that part of CO with all the fires burning!

I can't wait for your Wandering the East report. :ninja:

meech said:
ski3pin, have you hiked any of those peaks? I don't know the area all that well but imagine there's some great hiking.
meech, we had done many more Colorado fourteeners than our California neighbors. We were in the Harvard area a couple of years ago. Here is our trip report - Colorado
You have incredible opportunities for exploration and hiking around you. You are lucky, take advantage!

We will make many more trips back to Colorado. :)

ski3pin thanks so much for sharing your Colorado trip report! The busy season for our business is June-October, we make up for not getting out much in the summer by traveling during the winter. However, your report just reminded me of all the wonderful trails CO has to offer that we never get to see. I know what I'll be daydreaming about during my 12 hr work day today!

Back
Top Bottom