Santa dropped by.....

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
First one to guess what this is gets a free beer from Ted.

gallery_2_1_52219.jpg

A tie rack?
I see that the racks can extend -- to provide more room as your tie collection grows.
But I didn't think you have that many ties, DD....
huh.gif

A tie rack?
I see that the racks can extend -- to provide more room as your tie collection grows.

No, but that's not a bad idea. I may have to get another one now.

Bike rack.

That was my guess so my runner up guess is a windsurfboard (or something of that nature) rack.

Edit: I like how he's still got his mock up camper setup. How many camperless nights have to had a beer sitting in your box impatiently DD? :p

Not asking for a hint...but just wondering if this is a custom/one-off fabrication or a regular stock item...?

Not asking for a hint...but just wondering if this is a custom/one-off fabrication or a regular stock item...?

It's definitely a custom job. I was lucky to find a local guy who had done similar racks before. He did a fantastic job at a reasonable price.

Edit: I like how he's still got his mock up camper setup. How many camperless nights have to had a beer sitting in your box impatiently DD? :p

Uhm no comment.

DD are you sure it's a bike rack?
blink.gif

I don't know... Put a bike on it and take another picture.
wink.gif

DD are you sure it's a bike rack?
blink.gif

I don't know... Put a bike on it and take another picture.
wink.gif

It happens to be the most innovative bike rack in the history of the world :D

It happens to be the most innovative bike rack in the history of the world :D

Does the rack mount on the back of your camper/truck/motor-home or on the top -- that is, vertical or horizontal?
I'm guessing vertical.
huh.gif

Does the rack mount on the back of your camper/truck/motor-home or on the top -- that is, vertical or horizontal?
I'm guessing vertical.
huh.gif

On the back.

Late to this thread from camping this weekend or I could have saved myself a beer. Congrats Overland, I'll buy you that beer even though DD did not consult with me before offering my goods. :D He's right, too, there is Pliney in my fridge right now. Lucky guess.

As to the rack, in a previous life I was in the bike business so I could tell right away what it was. I agree, DD, it looks well designed. Front wheel in the loop at top, angled so the handlebars don't overlap, tie strap for the rear wheel. My only question is why you got one that holds four bikes. Do you and M carry two bikes each? Maybe a hardtail and full suspension? Or a road bike and a mountain bike?

Late to this thread from camping this weekend or I could have saved myself a beer. Congrats Overland, I'll buy you that beer even though DD did not consult with me before offering my goods. :D He's right, too, there is Pliney in my fridge right now. Lucky guess.

As to the rack, in a previous life I was in the bike business so I could tell right away what it was. I agree, DD, it looks well designed. Front wheel in the loop at top, angled so the handlebars don't overlap, tie strap for the rear wheel. My only question is why you got one that holds four bikes. Do you and M carry two bikes each? Maybe a hardtail and full suspension? Or a road bike and a mountain bike?

Usually we will just haul 2 but since I had plenty of room I wanted to be able to carry a couple extra for those rare occasions we are hauling bikes for guests or doing a local shuttle. The bike mounts unbolt and in the future I would like to devise a system to carry kayaks or other gear back there.

Back
Top Bottom