screen curtain

BenG

Our Camper never had a screen door option, always thought it be nice to be able to keep door open and bugs out, so after giving it some thought, volunteered the wife to make me a screen curtain :p , so purchased some screen fabric and away we (she) went. Used heavy fishing weights sewn into the bottom to keep the screen tight and sealed around door, used a spring loaded curtain rod on top to hold curtain up. We have used it this season and it works good so figured we post some pics and share

Attachments

• curtain 017.JPG
    curtain 017.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 163
  • curtain 019.JPG
    curtain 019.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 178
  • curtain 020.JPG
    curtain 020.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 178
  • curtain 021.JPG
    curtain 021.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 172
  • curtain 022.JPG
    curtain 022.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 166
  • curtain 023.JPG
    curtain 023.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 170
I need one of these BenG but I don't have anyone to volunteer to make it :( What's your wife charging?

I bought something similar off Ebay, a piece of sceen, a long strip of velcro for around the door frame, and another piece of velcro that you press on over the screen fabric to hold it all in place. It is OK but isn't practical if you are going in and out, nighttime would be fine. I might order another one for the front slider if I can find another.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250662239959&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT#ht_2930wt_968

Little searching and I found what may be a better one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-DOOR-Window-fly-net-MESH-SCREEN-Keep-BUGS-OUT-/230293456772?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_964wt_940

Our Camper never had a screen door option, always thought it be nice to be able to keep door open and bugs out, so after giving it some thought, volunteered the wife to make me a screen curtain :p , so purchased some screen fabric and away we (she) went. Used heavy fishing weights sewn into the bottom to keep the screen tight and sealed around door, used a spring loaded curtain rod on top to hold curtain up. We have used it this season and it works good so figured we post some pics and share

GREAT idea.

Great idea. I made a screen for the front slider from an old window screen,just cut the aluminum frame to the size needed than reattached the screen cloth. Holds in place with some foam weather stripping.It gives a good cross ventilation with the roof vent open. Frank

That is a great idea! We were thinking something similar but with magnets...but I think your idea is much simpler. Can I ask you how it does in wind or if it is a little breezy? Cheers!

That is a great idea! We were thinking something similar but with magnets...but I think your idea is much simpler. Can I ask you how it does in wind or if it is a little breezy? Cheers!

If you mean the front screen i made,the wind has no effect. Its on the inside of the camper and the weather striping makes a snug fit magnets won't work the frames are aluminum. Its simple to make though from the old window screen. Easy to cut, the aluminum cuts with wood saws no problem. Good luck.
Frank

if your asking about the screen for the back door it does good, there are weights sewn into the bottom that hold the curtain down so it stays put, and the screen don't really block wind, so it not effected to bad by wind.

Thanks for sharing your ideas Ben. It's great to have folks volunteer creative ideas and provide photos.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom