Screens for hatch covers +

XJINTX

OK, I thought I saw a post / mod about screens on the back of the various hatch covers but searched and can't find :(

Has anyone done it and what did you use to fasten the screen... RTV adhesive? I just returned from East Coast and was checking / cleaning camper. A lot of little leaves and even a dead bug or two so desire a resolve.

Maybe easier question but probably stupid. My 2 way Dometic refrigerator opens hinge on back door side. No problem ever accessing or such. However during cleaning I discovered door does not open far enough to remove shelves for good cleaning? I don't want to remove refrige or door.... am I stupid or can it not be done? Someday I may want to raise or lower shelf too.

If your fridge shelves are of the "wire' rack" style, then try pulling one side edge towards the center of the shelf. That side edge should now be clear of the groove that it was nested in and then you should be able to lift it up or down on that side. With the shelf at a tilted angle you should be able to move it up or down to the next level and repeat for the other side, or even completely remove it while it it tilted.

OK I had already removed the screw and plastic retainer that keeps it from sliding out on rough road. I tried (gingerly) to slide to center and pull out. I "possibly" could force it out. But seems to tight a fit to pull. I would rather leave as is :( not sure I'd get it back in anyway.

The bottom Blue shelf it tight it will only slide out the front. I've cleaned and will just leave as is I guess.

XJINTX said:
OK, I thought I saw a post / mod about screens on the back of the various hatch covers but searched and can't find :(

Has anyone done it and what did you use to fasten the screen... RTV adhesive? I just returned from East Coast and was checking / cleaning camper. A lot of little leaves and even a dead bug or two so desire a resolve.

Maybe easier question but probably stupid. My 2 way Dometic refrigerator opens hinge on back door side. No problem ever accessing or such. However during cleaning I discovered door does not open far enough to remove shelves for good cleaning? I don't want to remove refrige or door.... am I stupid or can it not be done? Someday I may want to raise or lower shelf too.
If you mean the louvered vent/door for the 3 way on the outside of the camper.
I cut some window screen to size and used duct tape to hold on the inside of the covers.
Works well and keeps out the bugs.
Frank

Yes, Frank that and my propane storage area. I will use gorilla tape today. I think they even have a water proof one.... may stand up to rain better :)

XJINTX said:
Yes, Frank that and my propane storage area. I will use gorilla tape today. I think they even have a water proof one.... may stand up to rain better :)
That should work.I also did the propane storage door,just forgot.
I will have to keep an eye on the duct tape and if it starts to fail use the "gorilla" tape.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
That should work.I also did the propane storage door,just forgot.
I will have to keep an eye on the duct tape and if it starts to fail use the "gorilla" tape.
Frank
FYI Gorrilla makes a clear tape now. I have used it outdoors on my pool covers and they have held up for 12 months or so. It's supposedly water and UV resistant (as much as such things can be I guess).

cdbrow1 said:
FYI Gorrilla makes a clear tape now. I have used it outdoors on my pool covers and they have held up for 12 months or so. It's supposedly water and UV resistant (as much as such things can be I guess).
So far my duct tape has lasted for several years now.
As it's on the inside of the doors there isn't any contact to the weather.
Frank

Driving through British Columbia in early June I was attached by hoards of mosquitoes inside the camper. The bugs were coming into the Fleet through the spaces around the fridge. I installed screen on both frig. vents. I used aluminum screen, cut a little large and folded over for a better "seal." I didn't use duct tape since the vent grills hold the screen in place.

I also screened the water heater access panel but the furnace vent does not appear to allow passage to the inside of the camper.

PorkFace, any chance I can get a pic? Not sure what is meant by the door holds the screen in. THANKS!!!!

XJINTX, I can't access the camper to take photos now, it's stored for the winter. I have a photo of the outside vents but haven't figured out how to post a photo.

Basically, I removed the vent covers, fitted and folded the screen so it didn't extend past the edge of the vents and re-attached the vents.

Here's the photo (I hope). Since the bottom vent opens, I cut the screen a little large and temporarily held it in place with the door. When I got home I used aluminum tape to hold it in place inside the vent door.

Attachments

• camper_left2.jpg
    camper_left2.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 69
The best way is use clear silicon inside vents and cut screening and lay it on top . I have done it for every camper I have owned. And no bees too

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

rtpvibes said:
The best way is use clear silicon inside vents and cut screening and lay it on top . I have done it for every camper I have owned. And no bees too

pictures?

Sorry on my new one I don't have those vents , the top I took off laid flat . And put clear silicon just over edge of vent were its solid metal . And bottom vent same thing you don't have to remove that one . On both put silicon down and wait a minute so it starts to dry and push down edge so it squeezes up . Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom