Searching for Soul - Part 1

Fine report I like your writing style: Excuses began flying out like my 3 year old grabbing toilet paper.

Why I have my jacks off, Hope this is a quick repair.
IMG_4386.JPG

Ouch, while I've backed into trees and other assorted stuff I have yet to hit my buddies truck. Knock on wood. I'm still trying to figure out where you were.

Craig. I always write it up like it could be any location any of us would go. I find myself reading other trip reports and imagining what it would be like to be there. I find a tad bit of anonymity adds a little bit of adventure and makes people draw into places they have been. Just enough that we know its in the sierras. But if anyone asks, I would definitely give up locations. They aren't terribly secret with google and benchmark atlas :)

Bill - I had been thinking about that for months now, but I've gotten away with it so long. The good part was, the aluminum folded piece gave way and didn't thrash the aluminum square tubing inside much. No real welding looks necessary. The hard part will be to either fix the folded aluminum piece or find a new piece. Welding a steel piece to the jacks shouldn't be hard. I had kept the jacks on because I don't leave it on all the time.

Thanks.
Joe

I enjoyed reading your very good Trip Report. Have you ever used a Tenkara rod while on the smaller rivers? I love them for their light weight and simplicity.

Great report. Sounds like good times in spite of the downsides. As a kid, I remember lake fishing with bamboo poles much like you describe (but less refined). Catching big bass and pike on those things was way fun.

I haven't yet used a tenkara rod but I've been thinking about trying it for some time. I do enjoy the casting aspectof fly fishing so that has kept me away from it so far. I did demo a pole whip from unreel angling which was a telescoping 20' rod which is similar to tenkara. I think it would be fun though. Although my 8 year old has been casting a fly rod since he was three, my middle boy might benefit from a tenkara setup. I'll have to pick one up when I get the chance.

After I fix up the corner of the camper, I'm going to add solar and redo the interior a bit. I just need to get it off my truck and hopefully it will fit in my new garage while I work on it.

Thanks for the kind words. I do look forward to reading everyone's trip reports as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom