Searles Valley be a shakin'

Another big quake. 7.1 this time. About five times the power of the last on. The news is showing a lot of damage around Ridgecrest.

Panamint, Saline, DV will all have bounced around. Last night’s definitely stronger, even 160 miles from epicenter. We’re heading to Mammoth later today for our anniversary (going to “ski” on Sunday ) so driving right by area. Will report back on any 14/395 issues.

Felt it here in Vegas last night. First time for me to ever feel a quake. Nothing big at our house but I did watch the chandelier rock back and forth.

Russ

China Lake Naval Air Weapons Center evacuated and deemed non-mission capable. Let's hope nothing bad happens there!!

Drove by yesterday on way to Mammoth. Big dust cloud hanging over that part of valley. Locals saying Trona really got hammered but not getting any news airtime. 14/395 in good shape.

Felt the first one here in coastal Orange County.
Felt the second one in the San Gabriel Valley. Longest I've ever felt. Missed the 71 quake. I was in the womb. :LOL:

Kinda glad it didn't happen while I was at the Trona Pinnacles, that might have been too interesting.

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
Drove by yesterday on way to Mammoth. Big dust cloud hanging over that part of valley. Locals saying Trona really got hammered but not getting any news airtime. 14/395 in good shape.
I've been wondering about that. Maybe none of the news folks want to go to Trona? Maybe they don't know it exists!

I wonder if any of the Pinnacles were toppled?

Back
Top Bottom