Security

Alaskan Snowbirds

...have electrical cut off. ...

We've been thinking that some disabling scheme would be a good thing when we want to go hike etc. On the old Scout/Bronco/Jeepster I used to pull the rotor and put it in my pocket...not much luck that way any more...what works best when you're leaving the rig in a questionable spot (like your driveway :)) now?

Search Masterlock

It's to cold to go out to my shop, but I'm pretty sure my cut out setup was made by them, or I'll check tomorrow. EAT FISH SO WE CAN AFFORD TO RACE

Thanks

..I'm pretty sure my cut out setup was made by them, or I'll check tomorrow. EAT FISH SO WE CAN AFFORD TO RACE

Fish...,
I'll be interested to hear what you use. We're set to head south tomorrow so may not pick up a post for a few days but will eventually.

We eat fish 'cause it's GOOD! Love those King Salmon on the grill (especially those geasy ol' bellies)! (Susan likes Silvers best though...strange woman:)) Darling Daughter's got it right...she'd rather have King than ice cream.

We Use Everything

The greasy bellys are a sea lions favorite part, eat as much as you want, as long as it's not farmed raised, that stuff is poision.

Duane,

On my '02 Dodge there is a starter interrupt switch on the clutch pedal. I put a hidden switch in series with that to kill the starter. Automatics had a jumper wire there instead of the interrupt switch. Maybe your newer Dodge is the same.
I also have the "Club" steering wheel lock to discourage the amateurs.

Dick

My Toyota's have those receiver chips in the key. Supposedly the vehicle can't be started without the chip communicating with the chip/radio in the column. Anyone know how well this actually works? Especially since ColoradoGuy's Taco was just stolen (does the Taco have this feature?). I know nothing about vehicle security (obviously) and I've always relied this chip thing.

Fuel pump fuse

I suppose you could pull the fuel pump fuse and replace it with a burned out one. Hopefully that will slow them down or frustrate them enough so they give up.

Back
Top Bottom