Self Quarantine Things to Do

Well, after just completing the 100 hours service on the Massey Ferguson with the 60" front mount snowblower and patiently waiting for power to be restored, I'm going to sit back with a cup of hot chocolate and play a few tunes on the banjo for the Lady.

We've been without power since 5:30am on Saturday. Estimate for getting power restored is Thursday or Friday. Received 60" of snow this storm, a single storm record total in the 30 years we've lived here. Put 18 hours on the tractor clearing our road and the neighbor's driveways. Walked over to the Napa store for oil and a filter. Darlene filled us in on the constant wiping down of the counter and the front door handle with disinfectant. Our little town is doing its best.

We found something to certainly take your mind off of the virus concern!

Earthquake...at 7:09am this morning, and 30 plus aftershocks, 3 substantial, in Salt Lake City, UT. Caught us all by surprise, for sure. Some damage around the city, and more so at the epicenter in Magna, UT, about 20 miles west. Rated at 5.7, with aftershocks at 4.1 and 4.6, we definitely felt it. Not the big one, but memorable.

Like I said it took my mind off of the virus for a bit.

Staying home out of the field for work, Coronavirus, earthquake, tanking 401K, what is a normal day like, I forgot?

ski3pin said:
Well, after just completing the 100 hours service on the Massey Ferguson with the 60" front mount snowblower and patiently waiting for power to be restored, I'm going to sit back with a cup of hot chocolate and play a few tunes on the banjo for the Lady.

We've been without power since 5:30am on Saturday. Estimate for getting power restored is Thursday or Friday. Received 60" of snow this storm, a single storm record total in the 30 years we've lived here. Put 18 hours on the tractor clearing our road and the neighbor's driveways. Walked over to the Napa store for oil and a filter. Darlene filled us in on the constant wiping down of the counter and the front door handle with disinfectant. Our little town is doing its best.
Ski the last big snow fall was in 2011.We were at our cabin in Dorrington it was a huge amount close to 4'.
Things sure aren't normal.
Stay safe.
Frank

Earthquake along the North Coast. 5.1 I think it was. My sister said it felt quite a sharp jolt.

Big stuff in more ways than one. We had our power restored after five days of using generator. We only got 18" but it never stopped coming, and even snowed today.

Both our jobs are adapting and I hope my contracting business won't contract too much. We're all healthy and practicing good protocols. Be safe out there.

When it looked like I was going to be stuck at home for a while I grabbed some supplies for projects around the house including resealing the back door on the camper. But I could not find rubbing alcohol for surface prep due to the craze so I bought bottom shelf vodka to see how it would compare. Honestly after striping the caulking off of several places on the camper I legitimately think it works better than normal rubbing alcohol. However it does take a little longer to dry. But if you have a stubborn spot or are thirsty you can always take swig out of the bottle.

What an incredibly different world in which dogs live. Even after all that time for odors to dissipate, a trained cadaver dog could find the spots.

Paul

PaulT said:
What an incredibly different world in which dogs live. Even after all that time for odors to dissipate, a trained cadaver dog could find the spots.

Paul
I worked on one sad incident with a cadaver dog and handler. Remarkable abilities and an outcome I'll never forget.

Lighthawk, thanks for the reading! I'll enjoy it. :)

Well, I just finished washing the truck and camper the old fashioned bucket, dish soap, rag and garden hose way. I really stretched it out into about a 90 minute job. Looks pretty good without all the road and desert grime on it. Got the bugs off too!

Now what...? Ah, post processing photos from the recent trip!

Now that we are faithfully observing our Stay At Home Order except for essential errands, we did our shopping at Safeway early this morning. Julie said it was essential she bake me an apple pie today. We got free paper bags as they don't want you bringing in bags from outside.

I looked into using Instacart for home grocery delivery but their online reputation is horrible, about the worst of any business I have seen. So I will do like you and shop early.

One indicator of the severity & spread of the current viral pandemic was demonstrated by the contents of my primary email junk folder. It was emptied last night & this morning there were 17 new junk emails in the folder.

All were Coronavirus related. Not one was for ED treatments, hot asian women waiting for you, skin tag removal, money left by long lost uncle in London, Windows malware lurking on my computer, or other common subjects.

This must be serious. Stay safe folks.
Paul

ski3pin said:
Now that we are faithfully observing our Stay At Home Order except for essential errands, we did our shopping at Safeway early this morning. Julie said it was essential she bake me an apple pie today. We got free paper bags as they don't want you bringing in bags from outside.
Does your Safeway have senior hours?
One of the benefits of "geezer hood".
Frank

Back
Top Bottom