Self Quarantine Things to Do

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Something to look forward to.
Opening of the season for "Black Pebble Trout" in "Escarlata Robles Creek.
These are a very rear bread of trout.Only found in this creek.

attachicon.gif
IMG_4671.jpeg
Looking down stream.Some trout and a Herron.

attachicon.gif
IMG_4670.jpeg
Look close next to the log and you can see the trout.

Frank
Dry fly fishing only? Mosca seca imitations?

Paul

Vic, you have to have a US Passport to cross into Canada if you are a US citizen. I don't ever remember being asked for an actual address, maybe where we were from. Traveled into Canada 4-5 times in the last 3-4 years. JD
Vic Harder said:
Heads up

Just heard from my daughter (Canadian citizen) who was trying to cross back into Canada with her boyfriend (US citizen). They live/travel in a van, and because her boyfriend could not prove "residency" in the USA, they were denied entry.

He does have a valid US driver's licence, but had to be able to show rental statement or some other proof of living in some "place" in the USA.

Makes me think that those folks who travel/RV it full time may have trouble at the border right now.

longhorn1 said:
Vic, you have to have a US Passport to cross into Canada if you are a US citizen. I don't ever remember being asked for an actual address, maybe where we were from. Traveled into Canada 4-5 times in the last 3-4 years. JD
He did have his passport. It was strange.

Every time we have crossed the border and presenting our passports
we are asked what city are you from.Never a specific address.
Passports only show officially where you were born and DOB.
There is hand written info as to your address.
My EU passport does have my US residence but it's not on the main page.
Does seem strange.
Frank

nah... they are nomads, living in the Vanlife. I suspect the border guard thought that maybe they had "no permanent address" and asked questions they couldn't answer. I posted originally to say that others who live permanitly on the road might get similar questions... and then the novel corona virus hit... all bets are off now.

I've been a full-time RVer for over 22 years, crossed into Canada, and Mexico many times, never had a problem. Granted things may change with the virus, but the way to deal with all issues related to residency, is to first make sure all your documents match your legal domicile. I used a mail forwarding service which also serves as my domicile. So my Driver's license, vehicle registration, Texas Voter registration card, insurance card, passport, cellphone bill, my checks, etc, everything has the same address. Second issue is to always speak in the terms that the person asking the question expects.
Fo example
Where do you live? I give my address that is on my driver's license.

I think people have issues when they give or have inconsistent information.

Back to things to do............................

took the front mount snowblower apart and painted it, a yearly spring chore. Now we've waiting for paint to dry. I'll have it all reassembled and adjusted tomorrow afternoon. I did a redesign of the skid shoes last summer. It worked well this winter.

The Lady put her arsenal of snow shovels away.

Think it's going to snow here again this season?

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
This IMO is the best way to avoid issues.
Frank
Was it Hunter S. Thompson who said "I don't tell the cops anything, it save them work."

ski3pin said:

The Lady put her arsenal of snow shovels away.

Think it's going to snow here again this season?
Now that the shovels are put away of course it will snow at least one more time!

teledork said:
Yes. And my pear tree is about to bloom which means it will snow here too.
And our apple tree is about to bloom which means it will snow again.

I need to add a pear tree. We love pears. But where to put it?

And if you are interested in behind the scenes for pass the pepper, here it is. 29 minutes long if you have the time in our busy schedules...

Back
Top Bottom