Set up question

Sailormilan2

I've found a couple of older Viking Popups that look good, and look like they might work on my '06 Tacoma TRD. However, one of the owners said it takes two to set it up. Unfortunately, my plans involve me and my dog, and as much as she loves me, I don't think she will be much help setting it up.
Is it normal to take two to set up a popup camper, or is it mainly because they are older Vikings? I have found a couple of others that are closer to me, but more expensive. A older FWC Fleet and a Sunlight. Nobody has mentioned with those that it takes two to set them up.

Our first camper, an older FWC/ATC hybrid and our current ATC camper only take one person to set up. I do not know about the other brands although since pop up truck campers are usually small, it would seem reasonable that a single person could set them up. You have made me curious about the what you find out in regards to what the seller told you. Good luck.

Sailormilan2...

You might want to ask the seller for more specifics on what requires two people to 'set up'. Raising the roof on those campers is by design simply a matter of inserting a cranking handle and cranking it up (after leveling the rig and unlatching the roof, of course), then securing the handle in place. That's only true, though, if the cranking mechanism is working properly. If raising (or lowering) the roof requires two people, there's something wrong with that mechanism of cables, gears and levers.

My brother has an old Sunlite with a mechanism like that and his roof is easier to raise and lower than the one on my Hawk.

-OC

Back
Top Bottom