Shakedown trip to Morro Bay

Good times Bill. The new camper van sounds wonderful. The driver rest warning can be triggered by the vehicle weaving in the lane. Most likely does not know there are high winds blowing the camper around. I wonder if there is a way to temporarily turn itoff on windy drives?

Sounds like a great break in run. Pretty funny that annoying generator was yours :) Are you planning on adding solar sometime?
I have mixxed feelings about the driver warning. Useful but I'm not sure I want my vehicle telling me how to drive!

Thanks Bill.Living close to the area you camped at we make several trips there during the year.
There are some other great places also.San Simeon SP just a few miles north of Cambria.
This was the first place we camped back in 2010 with our new Bobcat.
Also Montana del Ore SP south of Morro Bay,it's on the coast road that dead ends at the
Diablo Canyon nuclear plant.
Great campground.

Your trip brought back many memories.

Not so sure about the "AI" parts of your new rig.
I guess you get used to the rig driving you.
Thanks.

Frank

craig333 said:
Sounds like a great break in run. Pretty funny that annoying generator was yours :) Are you planning on adding solar sometime?
I have mixxed feelings about the driver warning. Useful but I'm not sure I want my vehicle telling me how to drive!
Have 200w on the roof. May add another panel for 300 total.

Boy over the last few years I've see those rigs all over the place-even in a few undeveloped cg's-I see now why! Living the high life now-and I''m envious ! Wonder how they would work in the back country? Hope you guys have many years of adventures.

Smoke

I'm a little surprised the generator needed to fire up if your solar was working correctly.

a few years ago we were just north of san simeon, when the elephant seals were around. there is a viewing area and parking. the animals were incredible.

goinoregon said:
a few years ago we were just north of san simeon, when the elephant seals were around. there is a viewing area and parking. the animals were incredible.
That is the Piedras Blancas Rookery and as "goinoregon" says, it is an awesome place to view the elephant seals . . . a "don't miss" if you are in that area.

Nice! I went to Morro Bay HS but lived in Los Osos, about 2 miles from Montana De Oro SP. Such a beautiful area!

Back
Top Bottom