Shock absorber review

JHanson

Everyone,

I've been doing a massive amount of research on shock absorbers while considering replacement units for the JATAC. I've synthesized it all in an Overland Tech and Travel article that might be useful to some of you. It's HERE.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Good read. Just today I received a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks for the rear of my truck. I'm anxious to see if they help the ride.

JHanson said:
I've been doing a massive amount of research on shock absorbers while considering replacement units for the JATAC. I've synthesized it all in an Overland Tech and Travel article that might be useful to some of you. It's HERE.
Jonathan's articles are always full of useful information, so even if I don't follow exactly what he does, I feel better that my decisions are based upon greater knowledge.

Bwht4x4 said:
Good read. Just today I received a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks for the rear of my truck. I'm anxious to see if they help the ride.
I put the Bilstein 5100's on the rear of my Tacoma last year. They helped, but the front and rear then felt out balance - didn't respond to the road in the same manner as the suspension characteristics were different. My ride and handling really improved when I put the matching 5100's on the front, too. So I strongly recommend upgrading both axles with matched shocks. High quality all-terain tires also helped the handling.

Back
Top Bottom