Short bed Tundra with Cougar Shell

Tundra/Cougar Combo

Great example of a long bed camper on a short bed Tundra.

Ben,
I'm interested in this same combination (2007 Double Cab Short-bed Tundra w/Cougar ATC). Were there any special issues fitting the Cougar to the short-bed 2007 Tundra? Are the sides of the bed too high? Also, are there issues with the truck concerning the weight distributed that far back?

Thanks for posting this link. Got my attention!

-John

Cougar on S/B Tundra

John,

There are no issues for installing he camper that way. The eye bolts that we use work fine.

We actually build the camper to fit the bed of the truck. So there are also no issues with the height of the bed rails.

In the pictures shown the camper was a shell so the weight was fine on the truck. If you are thinking of putting a full Cougar camper on one, I would recommend a set of air bags to help out.

If you have any other questions, feel free to call anytime.

Air bags

Yes, I would have them put on before you pick up the camper. You will be glad that you did. I just put a set on my truck and it made a world of difference for me. Smaller truck than what you have but I carry a load on it full time.

In this thread http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6060&postcount=12 I said...

So, do you also suggest I have air bags installed before I come out next June to pickup my loaded Cougar?

Mike

Mike, I still have not put the airbags on my Tundra and it handles the weight great. I am basically level (no rake)- total sag of 2.5" at the hitch. In fact, I could live without the bags, but I like to have a margin of error and the clearance for future trips. I wouldn't worry about taking it home without them.

Air bags

Brett is also just carrying a Bobcat on a Tundra truck. Weight difference between the two and you are going to have some extra weight out on the end.

Back
Top Bottom