short mattress

Toddhom

Advanced Member
I have an old Eagle camper. I use an Exped Megamat Duo to sleep on. It is super comfortable but there are a few issues. When I use this mattress I have to have the bed platform fully pulled out which cuts the usable floor space down and makes it so I can't use the stove. Sometimes I wish I got a Fleet so I can sleep sideways. I'm 6'2" and have to sleep length ways. I was wondering if someone makes an inflatable mattress that fits side to side. If I had two of those I could sleep side to side on an angle. When I get out of bed I could quickly stack them and close the platform. Any ideas?

I'm right there with ya. We have an 05 Eagle, currently have a Megamat Duo, wish we could use the stove without having to break down the bed, and trying to open up the useable space in the morning, especially since we have 2 dogs with us. I have been (casually) looking for something like what you're talking about for about a year, and haven't found anything that fits the bill.

We're only 5'6 and 5'5, so we're actually going to try to sleep sideways or angled. I measured the bed and decided 51" is the max size I want to pull out the bed and still have a few inches to space between the stove to be safe to use. So we're going to try a 39"x65" mattress for the main platform, and then probably two 12"x32" mattress/cushions to fill in the space between the main mattress and extended bed position.

We just bought some hypervent for the base layer and are working on sourcing foam mattress/cushion, thinking 3-1/2 inch with the 3/4" hypervent underneath.

Some of the ultra light backpacking folks will cut down the size of their inflatable mattresses. I don't remember the process but it seemed pretty easy.

Edgewood said:
Some of the ultra light backpacking folks will cut down the size of their inflatable mattresses. I don't remember the process but it seemed pretty easy.
Inflatable?

Check out the Klymit double sleeping pad. We use one over our factory mattress.
Ours is the blue Double V one. The insulated one might be better if you are not using factory mattress.
Costco has them in stores here in Oregon. & REI Sells them.

Paul

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom