Shorty up 88

craig333

Riley's Human
Originally I was going to tow the Jeep over to Green Creek but my friday day off failed to materialize. Better an overnighter than nothing I figured I'd go let Riley swim in Cody Lake. Missed my turn in Strawberry and with the heavy traffic decided on Plan b. Head over to 88. Found a decent spot to camp.

Went for a hike along the river.

Warm day so Riley cooled himself off.
url=https://craigruth.smugmug.com/Westcarson/i-NcrrxXG/A]
DSC_1321-L.jpg
[/url]
Followed some more of the emigrant trail. First time I've found one of these signs with writing still visible.

Fall colors weren't too impressive.

But that didn't stop people from trying.

Coming down the hill the haze was bad, then I remembered why. The winds were blowing mightily making my allergies go crazy. Good time to stay indoors and watch football!

Hopefully I'll get another chance to make it to the east side before the snows start to fall.

Craig, you should have stopped by and helped us move 2.5 cubic yards gravel and paint the new garage. :)

Funny, Barking and Mom Spider stopped by (they didn't help either :) ) to check on us late yesterday after visiting Cody Lake. :)

I think this weekend was the Hope Valley Aspen Festival. Traffic has been awful.

Nice quick trips sure beat staying home...............................thanks for the report.

I did see signs for the Aspen Festival. Coming up 50 a good portion was heading over to Apple Hill. You don't want me painting. It seems so simple yet somehow is so messy. Leaving the MET I took a left and took 16 home. Traffic wasn't bad that way.

I guess lots of people get out to view the colors.
Are there still fires around to form that haze?
Should have more color,maybe one of those years that the leaves just
dry up and don't turn much color before they fall.
Thanks
Frank

Back
Top Bottom