Should I let dry before I store

dennis 221

Two weeks ago I had to remove my hawk an its rained a lot since then. when I reload onto truck should I extend the lift legs an lean them against a wall to dry out before storing them??

If you are referring to the jacks at the four corners...I don't think drying these metal jacks is at all critical; but I don't know how you "store" them....if you wrap them in plastic to store, then I would dry before storing, but even then nothing to rust even if wrapped....no bigee..

Ps...I would only dry metal after washing if I lived near the ocean and salt air or if your jacks were coated with road salt during the winter...

I would dry them and/or spray with WD40(or any moisture displacing spray) to avoid rusting them. As a plus the WD40 will reduce friction when raising or lowering in the future.

Ronin said:
I've never dried mine but on my Rieco jacks I grease the gears from time to time.

Yup, I learned something...just read the Rieco site maintenance PDF and it recommends annually removing cap and greasing/oiling the gears...could not copy the instructions from the PDF..

Phil

Back
Top Bottom