Shower water pressure

Walldiver

Advanced Member
Used the outdoor shower for the first time a week ago on my Hawk and the water pressure was almost non existent. Just got a trickle of water out of the shower head when you hold it directly from above your head, got almost nothing at all when held waist high . Was very disappointed. I did not try to trace the hoses feeding it to see if there is a kink. I Was wondering if someone else has had this problem before I go to that trouble.

Sounds silly but it has got me with the kitchen sink. The back of the shower head does have a on/off so it could have been near the off position. I guess I need to try my shower sometime and make sure it works! Never have had a chance to try it.

Steve

The shower taps right off the same piping the inside faucet does. So if your inside works with good pressure (try cold and hot separately), so should your outside. If the inside pressure is good, I would look at the shower head itself, and make sure the detachable hose is truly seated in the quick disconnect. You could have sediment inside the showerhead hose screen also. As mentionmed make sure the back of the shower head valve is rotated fully on. It is easy to miss.

Sounds silly but it has got me with the kitchen sink. The back of the shower head does have a on/off so it could have been near the off position. I guess I need to try my shower sometime and make sure it works! Never have had a chance to try it.

Steve

Nope, I tried turning the switch off and on, not the problem. Actually I replaced the shower head that FWC supplied with a multiple position shower head purchased at OSH. When I got only a trickle from it, I put the FWC one back on and same result.

The shower taps right off the same piping the inside faucet does. So if your inside works with good pressure (try cold and hot separately), so should your outside. If the inside pressure is good, I would look at the shower head itself, and make sure the detachable hose is truly seated in the quick disconnect. You could have sediment inside the showerhead hose screen also. As mentionmed make sure the back of the shower head valve is rotated fully on. It is easy to miss.

I tried cold and hot separately, same result. As I said changed out the shower head, not the problem. Pressure inside is not great, but better than the shower. Quick disconnect was seated properly. But now that you mention about the sediment and I dont get great pressure out of the inside faucets, I wonder if the water filter that is inline might be partially blocked?

Have you tried draining and cleaning your hot water tank? I had a similar problem with my sink faucet. It turned out to be the crap that comes off the heater cathode plugs things up. I now drain and flush the tank after every trip.

Have you tried draining and cleaning your hot water tank? I had a similar problem with my sink faucet. It turned out to be the crap that comes off the heater cathode plugs things up. I now drain and flush the tank after every trip.

I'll try that this weekend.

what year is your camper ?

what model ?

I,ll try that this weekend.

what year is your camper ?

what model ?

2011 Hawk

Last weekend I drained my water heater , inspected the water filter and flushed the entire system. I did notice an increase in water pressure thru the shower, but nothing to write home about. I thought I could possibly have a defective water pump. I happen to have a 2.9GPM 5amp Flojet pump that I use with an on demand propane shower that I power with my 1000W Inverter Generator, which gives me very good pressure. I figured it would be a good test to hook it up to the camper since the Shurflo is 3 GPM 7.5amp. The pressure was slightly better, not enough to make me think that the Shurflo was defective. I think that the Flojet is just a little better quality pump. I also figured that running the pump off the battery bank which is two 100amp Lifelines in parallel affects the pressure plus all the 90 degree elbows in the camper’s water system. When I powered the pumps with house power there was another slight increase in pressure. The pressure from both pumps just does not cut it for me. I decided to bite the bullet and pay the extra for an upgraded pump. I Bought the Flojet Sensor VSD rated at 4.5GPM 1 – 10 amps at Camping World and what a world of difference just running it off my battery bank.

For the faucet sediment check, be sure to unscrew the aerator screen on the inside faucet tip. You might be surprised what is in there. I have a swivel tip installed, pull for spray, push for stream, keeps the splashing aways from the back counter, and out where I can fill a pot or wash hands or wash down the sink better. As I think about my outside shower (used it last year once), I do recall is being less pressure/flow rate than the inside also, but it is also trying to deliver water through more nozzle holes for a wider pattern. But still plenty serviceable for me.

My link

this looks like an interesting shower option- i will wait for a few reviews

Attachments

• HELIOfootpump.jpg
    HELIOfootpump.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 99
Check the guts of the shower control valve. There is a floating valve in there that gets stuck in the closed position. It also has a filter screen. Try turning on the water and work back from there. We love that shower option. Just get a little shower mat and let er flow hot water in the great outdoors. Make sure if you use it to blow out the system real well in the winter or the control valve will retain water and freeze thus cracking.

Something is going on with my shower on my 07 hawk, No water at all. have not had time to investigate yet but I suspect maybe the quick connect not opening?

You do need to ensure the quick disconnecvt is fully seated, but I think is unlikely for it so be stuck when it is fully seated. Pump running right? :) jk

Might try to feel if your valve handles are working, maybe verify water is reaching the back of the shower valve by lookin under the counter. Mine has translucent PEX piping.

Not sure if this is the proper fix but here is what I did. After inspecting everything I found the problem to be shower control to be the problem. I removed it (pretty easy job inside the cabnit)and found check valves in each control and one behind the quick connect. As I tried to blow air back thru one to see if it was plugged up it shot out and lost the spring, now what to do? After looking it over decided why have them? both valves work properly, not any chance of leaking or back flow that would cause a problem, so I removed them all. Reinstalled the control and the system works better than ever, flow and pressure.

Back
Top Bottom