ShurFlow Faucet

Jack

When our manual pump faucet began to leak (around the base, 15 seconds after pumping), Pvstoy's ShurFlow faucet looked great (http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216&highlight=faucet)
In fact, it's even better in real life. It allows variable flow and accepts standard spigot attachments.

I cut up one of the white plastic butcher boards for the riser - easy to work with, waterproof, and resistant to mold. There's a brass bolt in the back (same hole used by the manual pump), and I used contact cement to seal the riser to the counter.

I got the faucet as a kit with pump (ShurFlo Nautilus pump). It looks like the same pump that is standard with FWC? The Nautilus documentation indicated that it is not self-priming, so I mounted it horizontally and ran the hose along the bottom of the cabinet.

Since I'm using the pump circuit but not the pump switch (shorted the connectors together), I had to remove the LED from the monitor panel. (Solder-sucker to the rescue!)

Suggestion for Stan: Make the ShurFlow your standard. Relabel "Pump" to "Rear Lights" on the Monitor panel and use that switch instead of the big white rocker switch for the rear outside lights. The cost savings from ditching the white rocker switch and its installation should cover any increase in faucet cost (about $40). One of my next projects is to replace the rear light switch with one that has an LED indicator so I know when the rear lights are on. A couple of times (in cold rainy weather), we have left the outside light on at night - an unneeded drain on the battery.

Attachments

• Faucet - Sink.jpg
    Faucet - Sink.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 421
  • Faucet - Pump.jpg
    Faucet - Pump.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 420
  • Pump - Switch.jpg
    Pump - Switch.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 421
Looks Great!

Hi Jack,

Looks great...The riser for me was for covering up the hole and the height was for my fingers to turn the knob. It really does save us water by allowing just the right amount of flow when washing dishes.

That is the same pump that FWC used for years. The newer models with the outside water hook up and shower they have the bigger 45 psi model. Don't know if they still use this one.

***Just remember to drain the water out of the pump, out of the pump, when the camper is stored in the winter. That water will freeze and split the pump.***

Did you have to mention winter!

Hi Jack,

***Just remember to drain the water out of the pump, out of the pump, when the camper is stored in the winter. That water will freeze and split the pump.***

Back
Top Bottom