Side Surf/SUP Racks for Fleet on a Tacoma

Eric-FWC-Fleet

Anybody have a good side-mount solution for 2 SUPs on a Fleet? Too dang hard to load our two 10'6" SUPs and have to unload every time we lift. Plus, hate to block our 230watt solar.

The extra design challenge here: our SUPs are 30" and 32" wide, so 62" plus if we put them on the same side. I think we need to mount one on each side.

Looking for a good solution to bolt to the jack brackets. Anybody got any tips?

Many thanks,

Eric and Brenda
2018 Fleet on a 2017 4-Door Tacoma

I have to use a folding three step ladder to get my board on top. If I leave the board on top when raising roof I use the speaker stand method. I might just get an inflatable SUP for longer trips. Love having the SUP along but it is a hassle.

It’s now an option from. FWC.

AB13744C-0CEB-4F4F-B2C5-A5E6175D4931.png

CatButt said:
https://saltmade.co/collections/camp/products/fwc-side-rack-jack-bracket-based-80-20-rack-system?variant=32583675183184

I was just talking to a buddy at Goose Gear today about using 80/20 for this application. We had some ideas, but the Salt Made brackets are stainless and that added strength might be nice.
This is a nice setup, but you can attach the 80/20 directly to the jack brackets as there are channels on all four sides of the extrusions. The only advantage of these brackets that I can see would be getting the extrusions away from the side of the camper a bit.

blocking access to doors is an issue as well with these types of racks. Design carefully.

if you start messing around with 80/20, be aware that there are different weights of the extrusions and your rack system can get quite heavy if you overbuild it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom