Sideliner / Canvas Replacement - tips/advice?

Damn good advice ATC. I honestly can't wait to buy my next camper from you guys.

wvtradbow said:
I just bought 11yds of this http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-oz-Vinyl-Coated-Polyester-Fabric-by-the-Yard-61-x-1-yard-Blue-Color-/331457207164?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2c639b7c
and couldn't be happier,I think it'll work fine,I'm going to cut it out tomorrow and find someone to sew the screen and covers and hopefully remove and start the install next week sometime…Sorry don't mean to be a thread hijacker
How did your sideliner replacement go using the vinyl coated polyester? I am still hoping to replace mine this month and am on the fence between vinyl or some sort of marine canvas.

I like it,saying that I haven't used it yet but it feels heavy enough.I think I asked a question on here once about what kind of material was used and 18oz VCP was one of the answers.I bought some samples from www.seattlefabrics.com and I liked the 18oz but its $14.99 a yd without shipping from them..I got some pics of it on "my old Grandby build" post.If you attempt to build one yourself,my advice is to pin the screen where you want it then sew it over the VCP sew your clear window,velcro sides and top and what ever you wanted on the outside then cut the window,I think that would help with the puckering when you put it back on,and make it a few inches longer than you need it so with the roof up you can pull the material tight and tack it so when you put the trim on the bottom just cut whats hanging below the trim strip…I didn't do that ,my old liner was 26" and thats what i made the new one,1" along the roof and 1" around the bottom,no room for mistakes and not enough to pull down on so my liner is a little loose.

FYI anyone who may be interested in how I replaced (at least in small sections) the velcro hook material on the sideliner that mates with the window flaps. The super glues didn't work at all but the UV6800 (Marine Goop) did. I cut the threads and peeled back the old velcro, cut out those sections and glued in replacement pieces of the some velcro I got from FWC. Probably, any of the industrial strength material would have worked as well. The flaps hold very well now (I replaced 3, 4" sections in each, one on the bottom and one on each side, near the bottom) but I'll replace as much as I need if they don't.

Back
Top Bottom