sideliner repair questions

Aaronn

I have my sideliner pulled off and am taking it to a sail shop to have some repairs done..I hear talk of small straps that attach to the lift panels and loops on the inside ?

Mine has none of those...Should i have them added while in for repair ??

Thanks !

There are three small straps behind the lift panel that attach to the sideliner. These pull the sideliner in when you lower the roof. They are part of the construction design and not a modification. These can be broken loose if you lower the roof without the door open or your exhaust fan on high. Without them your sideliner can balloon out and it is extremely difficult to tuck back in under the roof.

Does anyone have any pictures of the straps ? Mine didn't have them when I got it. Gotta figure out where to put them. Thanks!

I'm not sure I'd call this a mod,I would guess all FWC has some kind of attachment points on the inside of the liner with elastic straps so when you put your roof down the liner gets pulled in..

Stalking Light said:
Those rings are to help pull in the sides with bungees, not the straps behind the lift panels which pull in the front and back.

I see now that I misunderstood the question.

Looks like I can add those rings myself......I'll have them sew in a few pieces of elastic on each end to attach to the lift panels.

Aaronn said:
Looks like I can add those rings myself......I'll have them sew in a few pieces of elastic on each end to attach to the lift panels.
Unless I'm mistaken, we are discussing two different things in this thread. The straps that Ski3Pin mentioned, and the rings on the window coverings. With the window rings, there is simply a bungee with plastic hooks that stretch from side to side to pull the sides in when lowering the top. These, at least on my camper, don't have a connection to the lift panels.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Unless I'm mistaken, we are discussing two different things in this thread.
I wanted to know about both I guess.... I just don't want to forget anything while I have the liner out. I only want to do it once :)

Back
Top Bottom