Silent And Deadly

chnlisle

Post Master
This guy's a frequent visitor to one of our Big Palo Verdes. I think he wants to make a meal out of Rambo The Wonder Chug.

Owl.jpg

Actually barred owls are rather infamous for attaching joggers. There are signs up in Pacific Spirit Park in Vancouver warning people about their aggressive behaviour. One of my buddies was frightened witless one night by one nailing him on the back of his head AND HANGING ON! And I've read of people getting concussions from being swooped upon by Great Horned Owls--Seriously, I'd keep Rambo close by if you've got this tough guy hanging around.

It's a super fine photo, by the way. Thanks.

Pretty cool, Jay. Have you figured out which species?
SR and I recently sighted a spotted owl hanging out during the day, directly over our heads while doing a local hiking trail.

Lighthawk said:
Pretty cool, Jay. Have you figured out which species?
SR and I recently sighted a spotted owl hanging out during the day, directly over our heads while doing a local hiking trail.
I think JAX right. Great Horned. This guys wing span appears to be almost 5 feet. When he takes off he's dead silent.

Yes. For sure a great horned. Magnificent bird. The Portland bird mentioned above is a barred owl if I remember rightly.

Back
Top Bottom