Silver Spur Paint Color

eyemgh

I have a 2018 Raven shell with Silver Spur interior. I'm the second owner. The previous owner attached some things to the wall that I wanted to remove. It damaged the wall a little and of course left holes.

I called FWC to find of the paint color and sheen, but they said they don't paint the wall, claiming it is vinyl. The piece that pulled out is undoubtedly wood veneer. I could not pull the gray layer off. I sanded my patches and it didn't pill like a thin vinyl laminate likely would.

Has anyone run into this and tried to paint patches? If so, do you have a color match and gloss level?

Thanks!

All the finishes in a FWC are prefinished. The cabinets are constructed from a prefinished plywood and the wall are some type of laminate paneling. If you are able to remove a piece and take it to any paint store, including big box, they can scan it and color match. They can probably advise on sheen as well.

Cheers
Dean

Thanks!

I'm not sure which panel I'd remove, but I'll look to see if there's and accessible one. Auto shop next if that doesn't work.

I got the paint matched exactly. The sheen was in between two levels, so we went with the flatter version. Probably should have gone with the glossier version and knocked it down with a magic eraser. Oh well. In any case, if this comes up again, here's the Miller paint formula. In a white base (UB-MP) B-8, C-3, I-1, L-2.

eyemgh said:
I got the paint matched exactly. The sheen was in between two levels, so we went with the flatter version. Probably should have gone with the glossier version and knocked it down with a magic eraser. Oh well. In any case, if this comes up again, here's the Miller paint formula. In a white base (UB-MP) B-8, C-3, I-1, L-2.
What sheen do you recommend?

desertmtn said:
What sheen do you recommend?
For Miller there’s no right answer. It’s in between. I’d probably choose eggshell and hit it with a magic eraser if it flashes.

Personally I would plug the holes with appropriately sized stainless screws. They look fine, cover the holes and allow their potential use in the future.

patrkbukly said:
Personally I would plug the holes with appropriately sized stainless screws. They look fine, cover the holes and allow their potential use in the future.
I did that with some. I used tapered washers to dress it up. There were too many though from things a previous owner added. I didn’t want it to look like all the rivets in the Tin Woodsman!

eyemgh said:
I did that with some. I used tapered washers to dress it up. There were too many though from things a previous owner added. I didn’t want it to look like all the rivets in the Tin Woodsman!
What about installing peepholes in each one to be able to keep an eye on things outside?
51-mOfmr3TL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom