Silverton according to Shaun White

kcowyo

If you watched the Olympics and gold medal winning snowboarder Shaun White, you likely heard about his secret half-pipe training facility where he came up with all of his death-defying tricks. Here's a great collection of short videos about his training in Silverton, Colorado - where WTW held a rally in August of '09.

The helicopter perspectives of the San Juans and the overview of Silverton are tremendous. Several great videos available on the left hand menu. Bonus points for the T100 seen in front of the locals favorite hang-out, the Avalanche Coffee House - :cool:

Shaun White loves Silverton -

Bonus points for the T100 seen in front of the locals favorite hang-out, the Avalanche Coffee House

That KC, he's everywhere!

gallery_176_163_23294.jpg

Well it's true that I have attempted to thwart a hangover or two at the Avalanche Coffee House... :oops:

TT - I'm big into snowmobiling, my knees don't like skiing very much. When I lived over the hill from Silverton in Lake City in the 90's, I worked as a snowmobile guide in the winters, maybe the most fun job I've ever had. It was snow that lured me from the Piedmont, out west. But after 15 winters of shovelling snow out here, the winters are starting to lose their charm...

Back
Top Bottom