Simple? Electrical Setup (Novice)

firsttracksbmax

First and foremost, I’m a total electrical novice. The more that I read on here and elsewhere the more I get overwhelmed by the complexity of setup and the more I start questioning my simple(?) setup.

I’ve got an ‘03 eagle on an 2013 Tacoma that Im adding solar and DCDC charging to. The Eagle is currently equipped with the stock Surepower 1314 separator and buss bar next to it. I’ve got a single 100ah BB battery.

I’ve already installed 200w solar>30A MPPT>battery. It works, now I need to add the smart shunt, and install the DCDC charging, and here is where the confusion comes..

Most places I read everyone is raving about installing a 7622 separator. From my understanding, this would be more essential if I had multiple batteries or no DCDC charger? Do I need a 7622 if I have a 30A DCDC charger?

If I can just use the 30A DCDC, would this rough sketch setup work? Or must I be upgrading my Surepower 1314 and upgrade buss bar, etc. Recommendations highly appreciated. My electrical needs are minimal currently. Thanks in advance for my lack of knowledge.

Attachments

• IMG_1757.jpeg
    IMG_1757.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom