Six Pac Campers?

Ghettofab75

Advanced Member
I know the site is dedicated to pop-up campers, but thought this might be applicable here anyways since FWC owned Sixpac for awhile.

Any info on six-pac campers? Were they metal framed just like the FWC campers? Thoughts?

I keep thinking a hardsided shell with preferably metal framing would suit my needs the best. The six pac campers I have seen seem to be simple little campers.

Kevin

Ghettofab75 said:
I know the site is dedicated to pop-up campers, but thought this might be applicable here anyways since FWC owned Sixpac for awhile.

Any info on six-pac campers? Were they metal framed just like the FWC campers? Thoughts?

I keep thinking a hardsided shell with preferably metal framing would suit my needs the best. The six pac campers I have seen seem to be simple little campers.

Kevin
Kevin, we are dedicated to wandering the west in any manner, not just pop-up campers. Granted there is a member emphasis on the pop up world, but anything goes in campering...

Kevin,

I just bought a 2006 Lance 805. I'm not sure about the walls, but the roof is a 1" thick, aluminum framed, foam core, 1/8 plywood on both sides, glued "sandwich". It's a walk on roof, and feels very solid (I'm just shy of 190 lbs). It's a very simple and light camper. No bath, 86" wide, 98" long floor. Dry weight, no options, is stated to be 1265 lbs. If you find one near by, you might take a look.

I've got a Tradesman Shell now after selling my Finch. So far it is doing what I bought it for. Definitely miss some aspects of my pop-up. Tradesman does make just about anything you ask them to and are metal framed aluminum skinned toppers.
20190105_165404-jpg.3152615

20180723_103007-jpg.2820278

Thanks for the replies!

I actually went and looked at a Six-Pac camper this weekend. The price was right, but the condition was not. Sadly it was just too old. It seemed solid, but being 30yrs old none of it made me want to spend any money on it. I think what I'm looking for and my budget currently are not going to line up. I either need to figure out how to increase my budget to get what I want, or start building what I want.

Oddly, spending a chunk of change and buying a new shell model doesn't seem as bad now.

Kevin

Hey Kevin, I’ve got a 2007 Six-Pac S650, built after FWC bought them out. It was built at the Riverside factory, just down the road from me. I’ve always thought of Six-Pac’s and Callen Campers as THE SoCal campers. Getting to own one now is a treat. The frame is wood, our particular model has no bathroom. Very basic, spartan little camper and perfect for my wife and I. MASSIVE king sized cabover, in fact we rarely fuss with leveling out the truck, we just move our pillows to the high side of the bed as you can sleep N/S or E/W.

The first camper my wife and I had was a 2006 Six Pac 650S. We had it on a Chevy 1500. It was a great unit and we used the heck out of it. The camper was in excellent condition when we got it- had a great heater, hot water, outside shower, stove, ice box for a fridge which we removed to use for storage.

We used it year round. We made reflect-tex window coverings and pretty much put reflect-tex all over the thing. For winter ski trips we used a honda 2000 generator to power in inside oil heater, mattress pad heater, ski boot driers...

The truck was kind of a looser, so we ended up selling it and eventually the camper too. Funny now, I'm actually kind of looking for a Six Pac T100s to put on my first-generation tundra. We currently have a 2006 Northstar TC700- which is good, but we may go back to a hard side....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom