Slate Mountain Trail

dakozicki

Advanced Member
We took a short trip up to Slate Mountain outside of Placerville to spend the night camping in the all too infrequent rain. It was a great trip! ImageUploadedByWander The West1476674633.294418.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1476674649.018713.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1476674667.912571.jpg I got the location from the Massey book. There was some planning needed to avoid fires and areas burned in the recent past. I had no idea how big the 2014 King fire was.

The truck and FWC performed well. I got to test out my Batwing awning. It worked well in the rain. But, it is a bit of a pain to put away. The cover fits really tight making zipping it closed a PITA.

I still tell all my non-camping friends that the FWC is pure luxury!

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

super doody said:
Looks very cozy. One issue I have with the rain in a FWC, is the sound of rain hitting the roof.
Gee SD, while sometimes it can get a little noisy, me I like the sound, but again I've always liked the sound of rain beating on a tin roof ;) ! Hey could this be worth a new poll question?

Smoke

I think people have beat the rain-on-the-roof issue to death. After a couple adult beverages, I find the rain on the roof sound to be soothing.

So does my daughter. It rained pretty hard the very first night when we got our camper. My daughter at the time was barely 1 yr old. She slept like a rock. I guess what makes it loud is not the rain but rather the water drops from the tree branches.

Back
Top Bottom