Sliding Window Screen

Mikeb

Thought I would share the screen I made for the slider window. It really helps keeps fresh air circulating through the camper, especially when it is parked/stored on my truck in the driveway.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Here is a pic of where I am installing a microwave.

IMG_0236.jpg

I like that screen. I might have to abscond, uhh , I mean borrow that idea. The frame looks like some type of plastic. Is it?

I like that screen. I might have to abscond, uhh , I mean borrow that idea. The frame looks like some type of plastic. Is it?

Yes, it is ABS plastic....and by all means...."steal shamelessly"!

Here is a pic of where I am installing a microwave.

IMG_0236.jpg

I'd like to see a picture of your microwave installation when you get it completed. Thanks.

Cool. I really like the under cabover window for precipitation free ventilation, luckily we don't have too many bugs to deal with so a screen never occurred to me for that one.

It is 1/8" ABS. I ran a bead of silicone around the frame but for the most part the fasteners hold the screen in place. Silicone does not adhere to ABS all that well. You might look for a different adhesive.

Mike

It is 1/8" ABS. I ran a bead of silicone around the frame but for the most part the fasteners hold the screen in place. Silicone does not adhere to ABS all that well. You might look for a different adhesive.

Mike

Since PVC glue is used on ABS drain pipe, I think that would work quite well!

Rancher, now that you mention it I seem to remember that there is a combo glue for both, I just never use it figuring the specific glue is better. A plumber once asked me if I knew the best way to get ABS glue out of your hair? I said no and he replied "scissors".

Mike sent the pictures to me that were in his original post.

Attachments

• IMG_0229 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0229 (Large).JPG
    126 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0230 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0230 (Large).JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0232 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0232 (Large).JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 152

Back
Top Bottom