Small holes in corners of pop-up vinyl.

wicked1

On the rear of my camper, at the top corners of the pop-up material, are small holes. Directly on the corner crease, near the top where it attaches. The coating material is worn away on both the inside and outside. I'll post a photo..
canvashole.JPG
I've read the threads about patching holes/tears.. Basically use what they use for inflatable boats.
Having not used any of the products personally, I'm concerned w/ this specific area, since it is right where the material gets folded.

Do you think a bit of Aqua Seal would hold up? (The actual 'fabric' isn't worn through yet.. Just the coating. So maybe that is actually ideal for this, but I'm not sure). Or, would a full patch be better?

Thanks for any help.

I'll second the Aquaseal for small area repair like that. Clean well with the recommended solvent before applying. Larger repairs(tears etc.) can be repaired with the same materials and procedure for repairing a PVC inflatable boat/kayak.

yep Aquaseal or similar should last years for a repair like this

That hole looks like it is in the thermal blanket inside the vinyl.....what am I missing? What year is your FWC?

Thanks...

Wallowa said:
That hole looks like it is in the thermal blanket inside the vinyl.....what am I missing? What year is your FWC?

Thanks...
It's the vinyl.. Strange angle, from the interior, strange shadow, and kind of a macro shot. But it's definitely the vinyl.

2015 fleet flatbed camper.

Back
Top Bottom