SMEV Burner clean up

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I've had a problem with the small burner lighting on our SMEV stove. The igniter was sparking properly so I figured it may be some obstruction in the gas ports in the burner nearest the igniter as the burner worked when ignited with a match. On dissassembly I was surprised to find the culprit was rust. I cleaned it up with a piece of scotch brite pad, reassembled, and it lit with the first spark. Here's photos.

gallery_1902_252_33548.jpg

gallery_1902_252_68209.jpg

gallery_1902_252_22181.jpg

Are you wiping the stove out with a wet sponge/rag and then closing it up before it airs out or something? Or have condensation issues while in storage?

Seems odd for rust to be showing up without the moisture aspect.

pods8, thanks for giving this some thought. We've had water spill from a boiling pot on the big burner and I was thinking that may be it. We store the camper pretty well and haven't seen any condensation issues from storage. The Lady is kind of a compulsive cleaner with wiping stuff up. That is a real possibility. I had time after work to just look at the small burner. I'll pull the big burner apart and take a look at it.

The Lady is kind of a compulsive cleaner with wiping stuff up.

If she's using wetness to clean up really leave that open for a bit to air out OR fire it back up for a moment to make sure the moisture is driven out.

I took the big burner apart early this morning to inspect. It was nice and clean so I think this problem is related to the small burner getting less use and spillage from cooking on the big burner. Either way, I believe it may be a good habit to heat up both burners after clean up just to be sure to get rid of remaining moisture as you suggest pods8. Thanks for your thoughts on this guys!

Back
Top Bottom