Smoke Detector Batteries

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
Now that spring is here don't forget to change your smoke detector battery and thermostat batteries. I did pull the cover off the propane detector, but it is fully hardwired with no battery, at least on my 2014 FWC Grandby.

Wishing all to a great season ahead. jd

I have a pre-season checklist (since I take the camper off for the winter) and a new battery for the smoke detector is on the list. But it's always good to get a reminder. Yeah, last year or the year before I tried to change the battery in my propane detector, too :-O

Everyone remembered to "spring forward"? Don't forget Arizona doesn't observe DST, except those areas within the Navajo Nation, which do. I had problems last year in southern Utah when the automatic time zone function of my phone kept switching back and forth between until I didn't know if I was coming or going!

I was on a trip in December. I stopped at the grocery on the way out of town. When I came back to the truck I heard a weird sound from outside. I opened the door and the smoke alarm was chirping at me. I went back into the store and got a replacement battery!

Much better to do it ahead of time. Thanks for the reminder.

Back
Top Bottom