So any tips on "de-winterizing"?

Durango1

So I religiously (I hope!) followed FWC's instructions on winterizing my new Hawk Flatbed last fall. (This after having to replace the water heater and water pump on my previous hawk due to bad instructions from a dealer- an 850.00 boo-boo!)

So right now the system has 4 gallons of the pink RV anti-freeze in it. Our first shakedown cruise is set for Sunday through Wednesday. Any suggestions on preparing my freshwater system for the new season?

Thanks!

Steve

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:22033]

In addition to the above suggestions, I sanitize my water system at the start of the season. I don't remember what the formula is for how much bleach to your water capacity, but you can find it with a Google search. I try to drain out as much antifreeze as possible from the tank by parking up hill and opening the rear water drain. I then flush the tank by filling it with fresh water while leaving the rear drain open for a bit. I then fill the water tank and run fresh water all the faucets, and hot water tank. I sanitize it, then flush as needed to get rid of the bleach taste.

Doesn't sound too hard. Thanks for the advice, folks. Now lets just hope I got the "winterizing" part OK!

Back
Top Bottom