solar powered lantern

football

Dose anyone use a solar powered lantern? If so can you recommend a good brand. I am looking for one to use outside the camper. Thanks

Not really a lantern, per say...
However, my wife purchased the Greenlight Planet - Sun King Mobile.
While driving we have the solar panel on the dash, then when we camp the light goes into the camper with us.
She uses it on the table, and because it's closer to what she is looking at, it's a bit brighter than my ceiling mounted LED's. It also can charge our smart phones. And, she likes the donation of lights to Africa.

With LED lanterns being so affordable andand energy efficient, I have to ask why?

We bought a GE LED lantern from Costco for $20 and it's awesome.

Run Time Settings:
4 D Batteries: High: 50 hours 4 D Batteries: Low: 100 hours 8 D Batteries: High: 100 hours 8 D Batteries: Low: 200 hours

I know you are asking about solar, but it's really something to consider.

Attachments

• GE_Chromalit_3d_lantern.jpg
    GE_Chromalit_3d_lantern.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 124
Daughter got me and the wife each one of the Black Diamond lantern / flashlights. High Low LED and they work great.

620709_MTBK_Voyager_ext_web.jpg

Between the price of a bottle of propane and the improvements in LED technology, a LED lantern is looking more and more like the way to go. LED still doesn't cast the 360 degree light of a propane lantern, but LED is much less of a hassle because you don't have to deal with fragile mantles.

Espresso said:
Between the price of a bottle of propane and the improvements in LED technology, a LED lantern is looking more and more like the way to go. LED still doesn't cast the 360 degree light of a propane lantern, but LED is much less of a hassle because you don't have to deal with fragile mantles.
The LUCI I posted is a 360 degree light.

Back
Top Bottom