**SOLD** 2004.5 GMC Duramax Diesel Adventure Rig

Xplnv

Hello Everyone, I am selling my turn key adventure rig. It has served me well but I don't have time I previously had to justify keeping it. I am located in Reno, Nevada. If you have more questions or would like a walk through video please feel free to reach out! Info is below!

Truck: 2004.5 LLY Duramax Diesel, 167,000 miles with the 5 Speed Allison Transmission. SLT package with OnStar, Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Leather heated automatic seats with Cover king seat covers. Rear seat entertainment system. The truck has a leveling kit with 33” Goodyear Duratracs. 12,500 lb. Smittybuilt wireless winch on a winch plate upfront with ditch lights and 2 light bars. It also has Rhino Rack crossbars over the cab. Tall aluminum ARE camper shell that is built out for camping/hunting (see below). The truck also has a factory trailer brake, air bags in the rear and has all the tiedown anchors for a cabover camper. It was never used to tow other than occasionally towing my jeep out hunting.

Rear Build: It has a tall aluminum ARE camper shell on the rear with a complete build out. The shell has dual rear doors as well as side lifting doors to access gear or open when the weather is nice. We built it as an alternative to a van, due to the improved functionality and ride, and 4x4 ability to get further off-road than vans. The rear has a bed platform that can be converted into a U-shaped dinette (we used this to hangout in bad weather). The shell was insulated and covered with carpeting. I had a rear sliding window installed as a pass through to the cab from the back. The tops of the covered have been covered with dense foam padding, it has a roll out queen sized memory foam sleeping roll. It has an altitude adjusting diesel heater, 12v fridge, and 7-gallon water tank in the rear all located under the benches. It also has 5 storage compartments underneath. This is all powered by a separate Ecoflow lithium-ion battery that charges off the truck battery and has a built in 500-watt inverter as well as a built-in solar charge controller. The diesel heater is very efficient and only uses ~12% of the battery each night and has its own fuel tank, the heater also has remote start and has had no problem keeping us plenty warm on nights down into single digits. It has interior lights as well as multiple exterior lights for camp that are controlled inside with dimmable 1 touch switches. It is hard to get a sense of the rear build with pics and text, so I would be happy to send you a walk-through video to get a better sense of the build or answer any questions.

I am the second owner of this family-owned vehicle, I purchased it from my uncle 5 years ago who bought it new from the factory. It has always been maintained by myself and my grandfather who is a professional diesel mechanic. I have all the maintenance logs, original window stickers and the receipts from work/part warranty. It is in great overall condition. I recently changed out the glow plugs and installed new batteries. The build out has been perfect for our camping and hunting trips. I hate to sell it, but I am currently a medical student and don’t get enough time to utilize it exploring so it is time to let it go. I am asking $28,500. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or to set up a time to look at it!
The photos are too large to load into the forum so I will link the craigslist link. Here is the facebook link as well- https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/996357611295068/

Clean GMC for its age, from the optimum years for Duramax, (i.e. pre-DEF), plus a good provenance, and an efficient build out in the rear. This will sell reasonably quick in today's inflated used market. Thanks for showing it.

Back
Top Bottom