Sold: Built Out 2008 Phoenix Pop-Up for Midsize or Fullsize

michgoblue

I have pretty much finished upgrading my Phoenix Pop-Up so starting a new project - buying a house to work on instead. So selling my 2008 Phoenix

Pictures have been uploaded here: https://jgodek.smugmug.com/2008-Phoenix-Camper/

I purchased this in Spring of 2017 and worked on it through the Fall and Winter. It is designed for midsize trucks (Tacoma, Frontier, Ranger) but was previously on a Full size Chevy and currently resides on my 2017 Crew Cab Long Bed Chevy Colorado Diesel.

When I bought it, it was in somewhat disrepair so I cleaned and repaired a lot of it. Previously it had roof leaks, which I traced to the through bolts attaching the Yakima roof tracks. I have have since sealed these and have had no leaks in any sort of heavy rain.

The vinyl is two layers wrapped around insulation - pretty think and comparable to FWC arctic packs. I cleaned and treated it with 303 Protectant last year and when I went to treat it this year it was still beading up nicely. Overall the vinyl is in great shape.

Currently I have the camper on a raised platform to clear my bed rails. The platform holds a 27 gallon flat water tank that is piped to the camper, along with a couple of slide in drawers and a long narrow slot for fishing poles and such. This platform as well as a heavy duty storage dolly will be included.

The camper is made by Coyote RV, which was started by the previous founders of Four Wheel Campers. This Phoenix is one of their newer design aluminum framed models. It has a 3 burner propane stove and propane forced air furnace. It has a bench on one side that can be extended out to make it wider for a bed, or it can have two seats quickly mounted on it as well. It also comes with 4 jacks as well as extender plates for wider trucks as well as Yakima towers and bars for roof storage. Solar panels are mounted to the Yakima racks and are connected in parallel so if you need to carry a kayak or something it only affects one of the three 120W panels.

I have the camper mounted on my Colorado using Torklift External tie-downs. The previous owner had it attached in the bed of their full size truck. I will provide Brophy tie-downs to the buyer to use until they figure out which tie-down method they want to go with.

Here are the upgrades I made over the past year:

1. Installed under bed storage
2. Installed pull out for bed and N/S sleeping - makes for a long, wide queen.
3. Replaced 3-Way fridge with 2-Way Truckfridge 65 Liter fridge
4. Replaced mattress and cushions
5. Installed Lagun table
6. Added side section to house portipotti
7. Added 3 x 120W flexible solar and 30A MPPT controller with remote head
8. Replaced all lights with new LEDs
9. Replaced converter with 3-stage charger
10. Installed VMAX Solar Tanks 155AH AGM battery
11. Installed 1000W inverter
12. Built 7-pin to Anderson plug cable to connect truck to camper
13. Installed Automatic Charge Relay/Separator for charging off the alternator
14. Replaced right side of roof lifting system
15. Replaced floor and interior coverings
16. Added removable, folding boat seats to bench that can easily slide off to use bench as bed
17. Purchased portable 12V Fan-Tastic fan (hangs in widow above stove for cooking)
18. Built truck platform with basement for storage and 27 gallon water tank
19. Replaced pump and hoses, removed old water tank and made quick connect for new tank
20. Built 7.3 gallon grey water tank for inside bed well
21. Leveling Kit
22. Steps
23. Wave 3 Catalytic Heater
24. Installed digital thermostat for forced air heater.

Just a couple of things of note though: I removed the old 10 gallon tank and integrated pump to make more under sink storage. I I will provide this in case the buyer cannot use the platform.

Camper is located near Seattle, WA, Would be willing to meet within reasonable driving for serious buyers.

Asking $8500 for the camper and all miscellaneous associated components.

Camper 1.jpgCamper 3.jpg

Hi there. I have a few questions for you about your camper.
I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra with a 6 ft. bed.
I see that you have a license plate on it so you must have a title.
I'm in Hailey, Idaho. Idaho requires these to be registered from what research I have done.
I've installed Firestone airbags in anticipation of finding a camper. Not many used Phoenix's out there from what I've seen.

These are usually custom built, any idea what it was originally built for?

I see that there are no roof air vents, how have you dealt with condensation? (other than your portable fan)

What are the dimensions of the camper and the platform? (Toyota Truck Bed - W/58", L/76", Between Wheel Wells/ 49 1/2", Bed Depth to Top of Rails/ 17" )

How is the camper attached to the platform?

What is the dry/wet weight? (With Platform & Without?)

Is there a dead bolt lock on the door?

Do you know what wiring would be required for my truck for connection to this? (I do have the towing package installed, so there is an "outlet" next to my hitch.)

How do you want to deal with payment?

I own a bicycle/ski shop and it's busy right now. I'll need to schedule a trip and it won't be immediately. If we can make a deal can you hold on to it until I can arrange that?

Thanks for your time.

Chip Deffe`

I will take exact measurements today and provide a detailed response afterward. I sold my previous camper to someone with a first gen Tundra and this one is similar in size.

OK, thanks. I'm new to the board but I believe that you can PM me as well. Then I'll get a notification that you responded rather than coming in here to check.

Okay I have posted some diagrams (not drawn to scale) with the dimensions. In addition, the solar panels and mounting brackets add about 3" to the top of the roof as well. The closed height on my platform is low enough to allow me to park inside my garage, with a standard 8' door.

To you questions/comments:

1. Yes I do have a title in hand and its pretty easy to transfer.
2. I have only seen 2 other Phoenix campers for sale this past year, both being a little older than this one (a 2006 and 2007). Not as many of these are made compared to the FWCs, but still it seems like a decent number so folks are holding on to them for the most part.
3. I don't know what it was built for - it fit just about perfectly on my 2003 Ranger, except the eye -bolts for mounting it in the bed are right above my bed rails. These suggest it was designed for a wider bed, but the back of the camper is not as wide as you would expect for a full size. (49.5" vs 58")
4. At night when we go to sleep we crack open both one of the side widows as well as the one up forward. This gives good airflow and helps mitigate condensation. You still have some up forward by your head though so I towel that off in the morning. During the day or in the evening with the heater on we also tend to have a window cracked, but the condensation is not as much of an issue. With the Wave 3 you need to have airflow for sure, and with the blower furnace its just a good idea. Both keep it pretty warm, but the Wave 3 of course is much quieter and does not use any of your battery to run.
5. The camper is not attached to the platform is 5.5" with the top covered with rubber fatigue mats that grip really well to the camper bottom. Once the camper is tied down nothing moves at all. With your truck though I don't think you will use the platform.
6. Dry weight was 960 originally. After adding the 155AH battery and the under bed storage I estimate it is at 1100lb. Wet weight not sure - add your people, gear, food, water, propane, porti-potti and it can vary a lot. The platform adds another 100lbs, and the if you were to fill the 27 gallon tank that would be even more of course.
7. The door handle locks and there is an integrated deadbolt just below that as well - both use the same key.
8. I have an Anderson to 7 Pin cable that connects from your tow light outlet to the camper that should work for you,
9. Cash is of course best. If you bank at a major national back we could meet at a branch and have them draft a cashier's check there as well.
10. I have had a bunch of interest but nothing serious as yet. This is a nicer and hence pricier camper than a lot of the casual shoppers are interested in. Most don't have suspension or tie-downs figured out yet (lots of folks with Tacomas and composite beds interested but once I ask the hard questions the have to go figure some more. I don't need to sell this immediately - its more I won't have much time to use it once I start working on the new place. So I am happy to wait to make sure the person buying it knows what they are getting into and such.

Anyway I will shoot you a PM with my contact info if you have more questions.

Back
Top Bottom