***SOLD*** RC Pilot Jim is selling his 1988 Suzuki Samurai - $ 6,500 obo

RC Pilot Jim

I'm selling because my 74 year old back can no longer withstand the jarring of washboard roads in small vehicles.

1988 Suzuki Samurai 4WD 5-speed NO a/c– License: 2MUC715
Vin: JS4JC51CBJ4244116 Current mileage 127,000 miles.

gallery_2684_908_40393.jpg

gallery_2684_908_416065.jpg

gallery_2684_908_223355.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Weight 2,300 pounds. Currently flat towed behind a 2013 V6 Tacoma.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This vehicle is street legal with a current California 2018 license tag. Every worn out mechanical part was professionally replaced. It is “Turn-key” reliable.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]History[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]It served primarily as an RV tow vehicle used mostly for short trips. It was flat towed so the rear axle has 127,000 miles. Engine, transmission, transfer case about 65,000 miles. The front axle has manual hubs[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt].[/SIZE]

The previous owner kept a towing/driving journal as do I.

[SIZE=14pt]Parts Replaced:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]2014-2016[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] Rear Wheel Bearings, seals, and spacers, i[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Rear differential Carrier Bearing. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Reset the Backlash at 120,000 miles[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Catalytic converter, muffler and tail pipe. Easily passes California smog.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Reupholstered front seats. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]4 ea 215/70R15 Yokohama Geolanders AT (7000 miles on tires). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Timing Belt. Radiator, water pump, hoses, coolant, thermostat, fanbelt. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Complete suspension with 1.5 inch lift – "Petroworks.com" (old man emu springs, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]HD shackles, shocks). Since lift suspension can support tire upgrade to 235/75R15 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]New front brakes at at 120,000 miles. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Glovebox door, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Replace clutch, brake, and accelerator pads. Passenger door handle[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Wired tow lights into factory wiring.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Tow bar – last towed Nov 12th 2017[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Transfer case skid plate (Petroworks)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Welded “pumpkin” hats on to differential housings[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]New Rampage top. N[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]ew HD AM/FM/CD radio[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Battery (Duralast Platinum AGM ) September (2014)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Rotopax 2 gal auxiliary gas tank.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Parts and labor receipts. Total invested $12,000[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Will deliver if you pay expenses .[/SIZE]

Aww man. I really want one of those! They are SO MUCH FUN!
but timing ain't good for me right now. :(

You'll find it a good new home soon - those Samurai's are great!

Friend's got one converted to a VW diesel with flotation tires/suspension. Thing's unstoppable.

All
You should be receiving your tax money back about now, so its time to start considering a small "tow-behind" for your camper or motorhome with 4WD off road capability for use when base camping. And I will deliver it if you pay expenses.

ETAV8R said:
Yep! Right there in front of me. Thanks.
:D

I wish I coulda bought it! Those are SO much fun to drive.
But I now have my truck+camper, three motorcycles, and a bicycle, so I think I'm beyond my vehicle limit....

hoyden said:
:D

I wish I coulda bought it! Those are SO much fun to drive.
But I now have my truck+camper, three motorcycles, and a bicycle, so I think I'm beyond my vehicle limit....
LOL That jobby job seems to have some advantages!

Good luck with the sale Jim. That Sammy looks to be in pristine condition compared to most I see.

I lusted after a tin top for a long time. But I'm in downsizing mode these days.

Jobby job got me the Hawk :D and will probably get me a trailer... before I move back to the SW (miss it there!)

(sorry for the hijack, Jim!)

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Now I'm researching " electric bicycles". Farmer Fred brought one to the hot springs over Presidents day. Haven't read his feedback yet. He has a receiver on the front of his truck (as do I) to keep the gears out of the dust.

Yesterday I rented a "Pedego" made in Newport Beach Calif. Easy to ride, quality parts, made in America...Remember those days? rode it 15 miles in really cold weather (for SanDiego). Temps mid-50's windchill at 20 mph - 40*...Brrrr. Had a blast.

Anyway the wife says no new toy until this one is sold...and whomever buys it is going to get a good one as I spent way more on this project than I planned to...At least I'm enjoying my retirement and "spending the kids inheritance".

Have a good March you all...

Back
Top Bottom