Sold! The original 2009 Ocelot for sale Price Reduced!

Outerspace

Advanced Member
Sold.

Price reduced to $10,500

Well it has been a great run but the only constant in the Universe is change. We now have horses and that is changing our needs so sadly (for us, great for someone) I am putting our Ocelot up for sale. It is a great camper and we have been alot of places and covered many a mile with it with zero complaints. I agree with Marty, it is the "Super Camper"!

Here is some history for those curious or wanting some pics:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/1971-intro-and-picking-up-my-camper-next-week/?hl=outerspace#entry21382

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/2003-its-here/?hl=outerspace

When the weather clears I will get some current pics up. The camper has held up amazingly. There is some wear on the face of the kitchen drawer and some scuffs on the canopy. That and some scratches from errant trees and brush it would look new. Pretty inpressive considering where we have wandered with it. It has been garage kept seven of its eight years.

It comes pretty well loaded:
Fridge
Furnace
Awning
Two roof vents
Fantastic fan in one vent
Yakima tracks on the roof
AT alumuminum gerry can holder
Slide out bed
Velcro tabs for cold weather pac
Boat jacks for getting on and off truck
Dry weight sticker says 780#

I also added a water filtration system. Water tastes great now.

This was built for the 2000-2006 Tundra access cab. I traded the access cab in for a 2006 double cab. The double cab bed is deeper so per Marty's instructions, I've built up the base of the camper around 4 inches. This was done with three separate bundles of plywood strips to get the necessary height. They are easily removed if you happen to have a first generation access cab. This base build up makes it compatible with most modern deeper bed pick ups. It would fit my 2015 Ford F350 perfectly. The only significant design consideration is that the headroom is a little shorter than most, right around 6 feet. This had to be done to accommodate the shallower bed of the first generation tundra pick ups.

Priced out today, this camper would retail for $16,660 plus installation and transport. I am asking $10,500 for it. And no waiting! We are in northern Utah.

There are some other extras that can be added on:

I have a complete Yakima roof rack set with faring and locks for the tracks $150

There is the old 4' x 8' single axle trailer I use as a dolly that could also go with it for $100. 2 inch ball.

Parting with our trusty camper is the end of an era for us. We have loved every minute of traveling with our Ocelot and hope someone out there will get to as well. It is bittersweet to say goodbye but new adventures await! Traded in the Tundra for a Ford f350 diesel and a living quarters trailer is next. Hello Valle Vidal!

Feel free to contact me with any questions. Outerspace@taosnet.com or pm me here.

Thanks

S

Ok. Here are pics from yesterday.

Also want to add a few more details:

Camper has electric water pump and all other standard All Terrain Camper features

Refer is a three way 2.5 cubic foot unit.

Propane is 5 gallon/20 pound bottle

Water tank is 15 gallons

Windows have screens and internal and external flaps. External work great in high winds or driving rain.

The cushions for the pullout bed are sized so the nest behind the couch for transport (see pics)

Width is 72 inches

Weight is 780 pounds dry

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0257.JPG
    IMG_0257.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 218
More pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 183
Still more pics

Attachments

• IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 173
Bumped to add some in action pics

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 100
"This was built for the 2000-2006 Tundra access cab."

So this is essentially a Kestrel? You may get more hits if you mention that more clearly. Nice rig!

Hey Vic,

Thanks for the compliment! Actually, the Ocelot is more like a Fleet in that it is 72" wide vs 75" for the Fleet. But it is built for fullsize trucks so it is 48" wide between the fenderwells instead of 39" like the Fleet. So a mid size camper with a fullsize floor. The guys at All Terrain tell me it is by far the most popular model in their line.

S

yes, but.... doesn't the truck bed sidewall height being made for the early Tundra AC make it more like a Kestrel? That is a very unique feature and one I was looking for myself two years ago when I was still just lurking on this site...

Could be. From All Terrain Camper's perspective, the lower height was just an option they offered. I agree it is a cool feature if you have one of those first generation Tundras.

S

Back
Top Bottom