**SOLD** Toyota sunrader FOR SALE! 4x4

Gypsy travels

SUPER RARE TOYOTA SUNRADER 4x4!!

Sunrader made only an estimate 25-30 of these 4×4 fiberglass overhead / passthrough campers from 1985-88. This is a factory 22R of which they made maybe 4 ever. This one does have the upgraded 6 lug rear axle.

This is as close to original/stock as it gets, and with less than 53k on it, it won’t need much besides oil changes to go wherever you want to go. Sleeps 4, BUT TWO comfortably, fully self contained: 3-way fridge (propane, elec., 12V), forced air heater with thermostat, 4-burner propane stove with oven, rear dinette with huge window, shower, toilet (your lady with thank you), 4 low, 4 high, good clearance, great style.

This is a rare and incredibly capable adventure machine. the curves slow you down well before the engine will, though it corners and sidehills amazingly thanks to the dualies in back. This is near the end of the 22 series engine’s life in US-imported trucks, which means it is a very mature engine, known for regularly going well into and beyond the 300,000 mile range with little more than oil changes. 4×4 RV’s in general are hard to come by, the only factory (non-custom-build) competition really being maybe Sportsmobiles or VW Syncros both of which are… well, neither of which are as unequivocally reliable as 4×4 Toyota / 22R series.

22R (carbureted) 97 hp (72 kW) at 4,800 rpm and 129 lb·ft (174 N·m) at 2,800 rpm

Year: 1985 TOYOTA SUNRADER

RUNS LIKE NEW ,GOOD POWER

Maker/Trim/Model: Sunrader

Length: 18FT

Odometer: 53000

101 KW AT 4800 RPM

5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

DUALLY TIRES

4x4TRUCK FACTORY OPTIONS ✏️

Air conditioning

Power steering

Power brakes /front disc rotors

NEW CUSTOM RACE SEATS

Cruise control

More Details !!

CLEAN COLORADO TITLE

CLEAN CARFAX!

ORIGINAL MILES

I have owned this Sunrader for 2 YEARS

18’ model

Extraordinarily rare–one of approximately 4 Sunrader built with factory 4 wheel drive

22R 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

Asking 75k!
I bought it for 69k and put about 15k in upgrades, including the lift kit, all season tires, backup camera, race seats, insulated custom magnetic window covers(blackout inside with them all on for sleep)...and lots more!!!

You should post a pic of the odometer, showing it actually does register the hundred thousands. So many old vehicles for sale stating less than 100k but then the odometer doesn't even register that high! I know that the Toyotas started showing this in the 1982 model year. Is there a VIN on this too? If I was interested I'd like to run it.

$75K seems outrageously high, but good luck. Judging by this, my roamin chariot should be worth at least $10k. Who knew a camper was an investment

If there was such a thing as a Collector Car market for old rebuilt or pristine RVs, then the Sunrader might bring $75k.

The reality is that a low mile Class C RV that is decades newer, can be bought for tens of thousands less and if desired an after market 4x4 system like a Quigley can be installed for not a lot of $.

Paul B. said:
Price is way high. Sorry. Think of others on market for that money.
Price is always exactly what someone will pay... just like the housing market in Colorado, the RV market is nuts!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom