Some measurements...

24hoursofnevada

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I was wondering if I could get a few interior measurements from the board. I'm looking for how deep the cabinets/counter tops are on Hawk's with a factory installed interior and those of you that have built your own custom interiors. They don't have to specifically be on a Hawk, but that's the shell model I just purchased.

Thanks guys.

My replacement counter tops are basically the same size as what was stock on my camper, which is 22" for over the fridge and 21" for the rest. The cabinets are ~1" less.

DSC02886Small.jpg

My replacement counter tops are basically the same size as what was stock on my camper, which is 22" for over the fridge and 21" for the rest. The cabinets are ~1" less.

DSC02886Small.jpg

Great. The counter tops are what I was after. Perfect.

I have a 2010 Hawk, the cabinet face is 22" off the back wall, and the counter edge is 22.5".
BX

You guys are great, thanks. How about some custom jobs?

I am trying to figure out which route I will ultimately go with refrigeration. Initially, I will use the ARB 45 out of the princess's Land Cruiser, but I would like to mount a bigger fridge either from Engel or National Luna. I'm thinking about a custom fridge slide (With the fridge mounted sideways in it) recessed within the cabinets that would allow for easy access. This would also allow the fridge to be used in other vehicles/events, where a dedicated RV fridge would be solely dedicated for the Hawk.

I tend to go through vehicles pretty quick (Hopefully the Hawk/Super Duty combo will stop that) and this seems like a good compromise between buying a dedicated fridge vs. a more universal fridge. I also prefer the chest style fridge to the conventional door style.

In my Eagle shell I will be making them as narrow as possible, that is about 18'' with my SMEV hob.

I'm very familiar with your build idea's. I think it's pretty much required reading for anyone even contemplating a slide in pop up style camper, or any camper/trailer set up. I'm going to steal your floor material...

I'm going with a cooler style compressor fridge in my build as well. Nice to be able to use it in other places as well. Its the reg block in my model below. Not sure yet if I'll have it slide out into the main camper area from the face of the cabinet or slide out the side of the cabinet in front of the front window. I've got time to figure that part out though. :LOL:

Interior1.jpg

I'm very familiar with your build idea's. I think it's pretty much required reading for anyone even contemplating a slide in pop up style camper, or any camper/trailer set up. I'm going to steal your floor material...

Wow, gee, thanks!

Sometimes I wonder if that thread is much use or if it just me waiting to get my camper. But I do have a strong direction for the build of my camper, and I have time to think about my plans while I wait to be able to order a camper, so I am glad others can benefit from my ramblings.

I did check the cut list for my cabinets and they are going to be 21'' wide because of my 3 burner hob. Looks like that is about the norm, but I would go as narrow as possible.

Back
Top Bottom