Sourcing Thermal Liner Material

Outnabout

I’m interested in sewing up a thermal liner for my Grandby. Seattle Fabric does not seem to stock the fabric. I have done a bit of poking around but haven’t been able to find the product. It may be that the Kimberley material isn’t made anymore. Any advice or leads appreciated. $800 from the factory is not an viable option for me. Thanks

Charlie said:
Stop press. My wife says that we used “Evolution Block-It”, but it seems that Sailrite has replaced that product with that Protect-It Grey 63.
Thanks. I will look again. Next step is to find a sewing machine. I have seen the thread you posted. Thanks again.

FreezingMan said:
I used warm window fabric. Really pleased with the product. It’s an effective moisture barrier in addition to the insulation.

https://warmcompany.com/product/warm-window-insulated-fabric-54-x-15-yard-bolt/
I have been considering updating my home made thermal liner to an insulated version. I saw your post about this in another thread, and wondered if you had any more thoughts/advice about using warm window fabric, how is it holding up for you? You had the 'standard' thermal liner before right? Is this a major improvement in insulation and does it help with condensation on the vinyl?

Did you consider adding insulbright to your existing liner?

I too purchased the warm window material after seeing a Facebook post about it. I’ve not yet started the project. If you do go this route a money saving tip is to wait for it to go on sale at Joann Fabrics. Got mine 50% off. The sales pop up often.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom