Southeast Oregon Photo Trip

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
There is a good chance that "The Boss of Me", also known as "The Bride" is going to catch jury duty on a case that may last from mid September, well into November. We had planned to head into the Four Corners area, but that and needing to be home by Mid October is putting an end to those plans.

Soooo... If I am on my own for a couple of weeks, I am thinking of a hiking and photo trip into SE Oregon and northern Nevada. Places like Steens Mountain, the Alvord Desert, Hart Mountain, Sheldon Refuge, and the Owyhee country. My Bobcat won't be done until mid October, so I am going to be tent camping or sleeping in the back of the truck.

If anyone is interested in a possible meet up, let me know. The caveat is if The Bride is not selected for the jury, we do plan to head to Four Corners.

Steve-I'll let you know when I head out over the next couple of months: might even try even try the Pine Forest, but could go just wandering around anywhere as we retired folk do :giggle: ! It's deer season here so my places here in Ca are limited, so i'll probably head up to the Steens/NW Nevada or even the coast , but again need to check deer seasons in both Org. and Nev. Nothing wrong with deer hunters. On Wednesday I,m taking a quick run north to see where the hunters are, but me thinks I'll just go to Eagle Lake and rest for a couple of days! Need to check the the Nevada and Or web. sites to get the dates of their hunting seasons but I think they are also taking place now! Okay, let me know when you are going out to play, and it is to to bad you are not heading for the four corners with your new pop-up and bride! talk later

Smoke

Mid September - Mid November is a big window, we may be headed to the Owyhee during that time or other points east so replying here to stay up to date. Would like to meet up if it works out! Lots of destinations in mind for the Owyhee country and beyond but most are still undetermined at this point.....

Let's keep in touch. We find out on 9/6 if The Boss of Me gets to do her civic duty on a jury.

Craggy Man should have his new Fleet by then. Maybe we can twist his arm, too.

We got a surprise this afternoon, Diana was not selected for jury duty, so the solo trip is cancelled.

Right now we are trying to figure out where we are going to go. Our original plan was to head down to the Four Corners area, but now we are thinking about Yellowstone and that general area.

Well congrats Mr. Sage, have a good trip wherever you end up.

I was thinking about long duration trials in your area coming up and got to wondering if the Mrs. was going to be on the Bundy jury. That would have been interesting.

Enjoy the trip with your bride Steve-you have lot's of time afterwords to go play with us "old Geezers" :D ! Speaking of those guys, post away when you head out to play, still lot's of chances ti meet up out there for the rest of us to meet and play-maybe even enjoy a milkshake at Fields ;) !

Smoke

We are taking the "new Fleet" out SE OR way this weekend. Not sure where exactly but Trout Creek Mtns and OR Canyon might be calling our names. Maybe I'll get a new profile pic out of this shakedown cruise.

CraggyMan said:
We are taking the "new Fleet" out SE OR way this weekend. Not sure where exactly but Trout Creek Mtns and OR Canyon might be calling our names. Maybe I'll get a new profile pic out of this shakedown cruise.
Photos, lots of photos!!!! Congrats!

I'll probably be heading south towards Cedar mesa around mid-October and could meet up for a night or two along the way. haven't figured out what the route is going to be so SE Oregon could be in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom