Southeastern Utah - May 2019

Bosque Bill

SE Utah - Wolfman Petroglyphs, Monarch Cave ruins, Valley of the Gods, Moki Dugway, Dog Tanks Spring, and Arch Canyon

Finally a new adventure posted on Bosque Bill's Backroads travel & camping blog.

There are 3 parts (the middle one is pretty short). Start with Part 1 and follow the link at the bottom of each to get to the next part:

https://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2019/05/southeastern-utah-part-1-may-2019.html

Remember, click on any photo for a larger version.

NOTE: FOR SOME REASON GOOGLE/BLOGGER IS NOT LETTING ME REPLY TO COMMENTS LEFT ON MY OWN POSTS. I've tried logging out, then in, etc. to no avail. So, if you leave a reply on the blog itself - thanks, but I can't reply.

Bill another great TR of places I may never have a chance to go-and now complete with areal photos-wow!. Thanks again for the trip and the great photos and dialog!

Smoke

Great work Bill, and many thanks.

I was first introduced to the term tank being applied to a small pond when working in East Texas in the late 1970s. The locals referred to their livestock's watering holes as "stock tanks".

Foy

Smoke, Frank, Foy, and Elken: thanks for taking the time to comment. Glad you enjoyed the post. See also my note above that I'm not able to reply to comments on the blog itself.

Fun to revisit some favorite places through your blog. Lots more to see there. Beautiful campsite. Thanks for the report.

Bill, wonderful TR! I’d leave a comment, but like you I am having issues with my login. I can comment with my iMac, but not my iPad even though I’m purportedly logged in on both.

Wonderful photography! Thank you!

Bill, great trip report as usual. We hit many of the places you visited last fall, Valley of God's, Mokki Dugway switch backs, Natural Bridge NM, and Burr switchbacks. When we got home I saw a post from someone on the wash, and Wolfman and couldn't believe I drove right by it. I downloaded some detailed maps and did see the access wasn't easy. Thanks for another great ride along. This area will be another visit in the future. jd

longhorn1 said:
When we got home I saw a post from someone on the wash, and Wolfman and couldn't believe I drove right by it. I downloaded some detailed maps and did see the access wasn't easy.
It is a short hike to Wolfman, just the one kind of tricky spot, the rest is OK. And it's not far to walk down to that spot from the parking area and decide if you want to do it or not. It's close to the highway, too.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom