Southern Utah Weather in Mid-November

Espresso

I'm thinking of heading to see the sights of southern Utah (Bryce, Zion, etc.) and northern AZ (Havasu Falls) in mid-November. What is the typical weather at that time? Will it be too cold to enjoy? What about heading from Reno through Nevada? Is snow a big concern?

Southern Utah weather depends a lot on elevation.

Zion canyon at 3000' elevation could be below freezing at night, probably 50's & 60's during the day.

Bryce will be colder, well below freezing at night, since it sits at 9000'.

Cold nights with moderate and sunny days in UT. Can snow at any time but then the sun comes out again and the white stuff mostly melts. You will get less precip in AZ but it does still rain and snow on occasion. I have driven across NV to UT many times in the winter with no major issues even with snow. If it looks like heavy snow, I might stick to 80 to avoid the higher passes on 50.

Doug Stewart said:
Cold nights with moderate and sunny days in UT. Can snow at any time but then the sun comes out again and the white stuff mostly melts. You will get less precip in AZ but it does still rain and snow on occasion. I have driven across NV to UT many times in the winter with no major issues even with snow. If it looks like heavy snow, I might stick to 80 to avoid the higher passes on 50.
80 just got hit this last storm, but as Doug says, it usually goes fast. Nevada and Utah can get down right cold. Just be prepared for it. Nevada road conditions can be found here -

Nevada DOT Roads

We drove 80 from Evanston, WY to Winnemucca, NV today. All clear except for high winds and snow squalls.
daygreeter

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of going only as far south as Havasu Falls. It could be a good trip if we don't get caught in a snowstorm. I greatly prefer a cold night to a 100+ degree day.

Back
Top Bottom