spare key

So its no big deal. I just got a 2006 tundra and it came with 1 key and key chain remote. I made two more keys which came with on a wire ring. Keep one key for a spare, and attach the second under the truck some where only you would look. Just remember where you put it. Lock a spare key for the camper in the truck.

I had a key attached to the frame on my old truck but when adding a tow bar removed it. Somehow I locked the keys in the truck. I usually take an extra wallet with some cash and debit card on a trip and hide it in the truck. It also had the plastic key Toyota made for me when I bought the truck. Fortuanately this time the extra wallet was in my pocket. Unfortanuately someone t-boaned me in NM two days later and totalled my truck and camper.

Vic Harder said:
i carry one set, wife carries the other
I carry one set, the wife the second, and a third set is well hidden in a sealed container (even I have a hard time finding it), it was worth the $120 (total) I spent on a Tundra key fob and a new key blank from Amazon ($30), plus $90 to programme it in Phoenix last winter

My wife’s Cirrus TC has a keypad lock so I keep a full set of spare keys on a ring in there. My Hallmark
Pop up has it’s set in a location that takes considerable dexterity to retrieve them from.

I use a Hitch Safe on my front receiver. On the subject of deadbolt lock on the camper, I replaced mine with the same lockset I have at home and had it keyed alike so I wouldn't have to carry an additional key.

Attachments

• hitchvault - 1.jpg
    hitchvault - 1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 83

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom