Spring Fling six nights in my camper on a fishing trip (picture heavy)

idahoron

IMG_07902.JPG

Well I had all this last week off and priority 1 was fishing. I went to the cat house on Thursday night. I woke up to a heavy layer of ice on my boat and fog like crazy. Water temp was 50 degrees.
Things started off great I got the trip best fish on the first cast. It was 31" long and 11 pounds.

IMG_07941.JPG

IMG_07954.JPG

I fished until about noon and decided I was going to head into a place I had never been able to go. I got there and even though I didn't catch a pile of fish there I was happy to be able to figure out how to get there

IMG_08042.JPG

IMG_08071.JPG

On day two of my trip the weather forecast was rain, and that came true. Even though the rain was heavy at times the fishing was good. I lasted until about noon and made my way to the truck.

IMG_08222.JPG

IMG_08281.JPG

IMG_08322.JPG

Day three was actually Monday because I took Sunday off to see my Uncle on his birthday. On Monday I again was planning to go to a place that I had never been before. It was a three hour drive up river to get there. I was not disappointed in the fish I found.

IMG_08311.JPG

IMG_08514.JPG

IMG_08542.JPG

On my way back to the truck I found another spot that I thought would be good to fish the next day. I got up early the next day and hit the water hard.

IMG_08552.JPG

IMG_08671.JPG

IMG_08764.JPG

IMG_08856.JPG

I ended up the catfish portion of the trip with 57 cats. The average size was around 28" long. I get several fish 30" and over. It was super trip.

The last day of my fishing was 3-20-15 I went sturgeon fishing.
I spent the day Thursday getting my boat ready and everything loaded. I got to the hole on Friday Morning at about 8:00 am. I was happy to see that the big girls were there to greet me. The first one was a 6 foot fish that drug me all over the place.

3-20-15_a.jpg

The second one was a foul hooked 6 foot fish hooked in the fin and was a bugger to get played out.

3-20-15_b.jpg

The third one was another 6 foot fish. None of them jumped because of the cold water but they all pulled like a team of horses.

3-20-15_e.jpg

What an awesome start to the new fishing season. All fish caught were released.

Wow what a lot of nice catfish! It looks like a pork rind or herring fillet for bait?

The kayakers in the Portland area talk about a sturgeon sleigh-ride. Sounds like it is just as exciting on a tube boat.
Congratulations on your success.

I think I would have had to have one catch, fillet, and release. I do like fried catfish.

Paul

WOW, that's a lot of fish. It took me a while to realize that those were different catfish and not a lot of poses with the same one. If I lived close to fish like that, I'd take a week off more often.

idahoron said:
I think this is the only one I have of this boat.

img_116197_4_f2898ea8e846e1f3590288a8edfcadd9.jpg
That's a cool set-up it looks like a lot of fun.

Funny. When I first looked at your post and scrolled through the photos, I thought they were all pictures of the exact same fish :p . Upon closer inspection is easy to see that they are all different fish. They are all monsters.

Back
Top Bottom