spring trips

salartist

Hi...
Wonder if anyone is traveling to Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Mojave etc. at the end of March, beginning of April...
Would be fun to meet others with 4WC....

May do Carrizo plain in mid March for a couple of days. Not sure if I will hit Pinnacles on the way back. Just a short mid week trip.

I'll be meeting up with a bunch of fellow Honda Trail bike riders (CT90's & CT110's, plus a few other small MC's) at a Base Camp at Surprise Canyon in Panamint Valley at that time.

We ride slow and easy on dirt roads, and, if you've got an MC you can ride with us. Or, you can follow us, as we don't really go into sensitive or very hard to ride areas, we like dirt roads. Lots of neat places to go... Darwin, Barker Ranch (burned Manson hideout), over Mengle Pass (need to have 4x4 as there is a short steep part before the pass and then some pumpkin patch boulders just after) to Striped Butte Valley (Geoligist's Cabin, Robinson Ranch & Mengle Cabin, Russell's Camp).

I think there will be a few of us that have either ATC's or FWC's, some will be tenters, some hardside truck campers and some other type of RV'ers. Some are coming from Canada, Washington, Nevada, Arizona and even some Californians.

We'll be out riding in the daytime, however, we should be back every afternoon for dinner grub and a campfire. And, even without an MC, you're welcome to join us (we like everyone, so anyone can join us), however, be warned, we may convert you to the dark side and get you interested in small, easy on the environment, MC's.

We'll be about 1.3 miles up Surprise Canyon Road. From Ballarat, head north on Indian Ranch Road about 2 miles to the second right turn (the better road) on to Surprise Canyon Road.

I'll have the Bobcat on the white Ranger with a "Honda" banner hanging on one side, in case you come by while we're gone and you can't stay, you can leave me a note. I'm thinking of only staying until Wednesday or so, then I'll either head up 395 to Lone Pine or east to Southwest Utah.

Ill be headed up 395 to Bishop St Patricks Day, for the Blake Jones Trout derby. I been doin the derby since I was a kid, I think it's the 45th annual this year. Id love to join someone on a Death Valley trip sometime, Iv'e done lots of research on DV, but just havn't explored it.

Ill be headed up 395 to Bishop St Patricks Day, for the Blake Jones Trout derby. I been doin the derby since I was a kid, I think it's the 45th annual this year. Id love to join someone on a Death Valley trip sometime, Iv'e done lots of research on DV, but just havn't explored it.

If I pass through Bishop on St. Pat's day, I'll look for your truck...I have red Ford ranger....I hope to make it down to DV to hike, paint etc.

I'll be meeting up with a bunch of fellow Honda Trail bike riders (CT90's & CT110's, plus a few other small MC's) at a Base Camp at Surprise Canyon in Panamint Valley at that time.

We ride slow and easy on dirt roads, and, if you've got an MC you can ride with us. Or, you can follow us, as we don't really go into sensitive or very hard to ride areas, we like dirt roads. Lots of neat places to go... Darwin, Barker Ranch (burned Manson hideout), over Mengle Pass (need to have 4x4 as there is a short steep part before the pass and then some pumpkin patch boulders just after) to Striped Butte Valley (Geoligist's Cabin, Robinson Ranch & Mengle Cabin, Russell's Camp).

I think there will be a few of us that have either ATC's or FWC's, some will be tenters, some hardside truck campers and some other type of RV'ers. Some are coming from Canada, Washington, Nevada, Arizona and even some Californians.

We'll be out riding in the daytime, however, we should be back every afternoon for dinner grub and a campfire. And, even without an MC, you're welcome to join us (we like everyone, so anyone can join us), however, be warned, we may convert you to the dark side and get you interested in small, easy on the environment, MC's.

We'll be about 1.3 miles up Surprise Canyon Road. From Ballarat, head north on Indian Ranch Road about 2 miles to the second right turn (the better road) on to Surprise Canyon Road.

I'll have the Bobcat on the white Ranger with a "Honda" banner hanging on one side, in case you come by while we're gone and you can't stay, you can leave me a note. I'm thinking of only staying until Wednesday or so, then I'll either head up 395 to Lone Pine or east to Southwest Utah.

Hi Alley Kat...
Thanks for your reply....What dates will you be at Pannamint canyon? Don't know anything about Honda bikes, but going to DV to hike and paint...I have red Ford ranger.....

Back
Top Bottom